Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
22,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't tell from pictures. I see pictures that people post of deer around their feeders and then I see them after they harvest and I'm most often surprised by how much bigger they look beside someone holding the rack. These two particular bucks are always together and have been since I put my cameras out in August. I only have one daytime picture of them and it was in October. I've got tons of pictures of the two of them. What's the age of these two deer? The freaky looking one looks old.

·
Registered
22,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL. I thought the same thing. Hes the one I would take. I think??????? Ive got several pictures of him and both of his tines on that side fork. Hes got at least 6 points on that side.

·
Premium Member
28,299 Posts
I won't comment on whether or not they are card toting "dinks", but they look to me like the kind of deer I would pass on in hopes of producing a really nice deer down the road. I don't know about the genetics in your area - but if these deer were in my area, they would have the potential to be really nice deer in a couple of years.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
This is the reason I say is it a wall hanger. Dink is different for different people and areas. I try to take bucks I am willing to mount. This kinda puts a trophy fee on myself. They are not bad deer for most of the state. How do they compare to what u have seen for ur area. Sometime a interesting rack is a wall hanger even when smaller.

·
Registered
22,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
This is the reason I say is it a wall hanger. Dink is different for different people and areas. I try to take bucks I am willing to mount. This kinda puts a trophy fee on myself. They are not bad deer for most of the state. How do they compare to what u have seen for ur area. Sometime a interesting rack is a wall hanger even when smaller.
I've seen bigger. Saw a double drop time chasing does.
What the hell is a dink ??? Never heard that in sw arkansas.
I never heard it until I got on this site.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I wouldnt call them dinks. But, I do believe they need another year to mature. They look like 3.5yr olds. They will be studs in a couple years. They are definelty not dinks tho they deserve another year to really develope into trophy caliber deer.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts