Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Member<br>Forum Sponsor<br>High On The Hog O
1,764 Posts
I don't think they are illegal, I hope not... We have killed a few in the past and they taste like a big dove!:up: They eat the same grain in the fields the doves do...

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
100% sure they are not Eurasian's. We have quite a few of those around and have killed some. These are without a doubt pigeon. I couldn't find anything in the online regs about it but I know that doesn't mean they are legal.

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
I had a white pigeon that was circling us opening morning. He circled us about 5 or 6 times and finally came close enough and I dropped him. Went over to pick it up and it had a band on it with a guys name and phone #. :smack: I looked up the name on the band in the phone book and the guy's house is about a 1/4 from where we were hunting.

I marked it up to being about the same as letting your pet deer run around on Oct 1st...oh well...

Took 2 pieces of bacon to wrap that sucker up...:eek:

·
Registered
227 Posts
they feed the pigeons at newark coal burner power plant near newark poison corn and they do not die right away.i have witnessed pigeons flying through the air then nose dive while working outages .i would be careful eating pigeons near any large plant where they poison them!you will see other pigeons eating the corn out of the dead carcass's, pretty nasty!

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
I always thought a pigeon and a "Cornish game hen " were the same thing.....

I'd shoot it and I'd eat it! Not close to any large power plants here and a "dove" that takes two bacon slices to wrap up sounds just right to me!!!!

Been wanting to drop a few off the overpass in town!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.