Are High Country Bows Good ?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by huntingdx, Dec 1, 2012.

1. huntingdx

huntingdx Well-Known Member

i bought a used High Country Bow its about 3 years old draw weight goes up to 80 pounds
    how good are this bows ? theres not much talk about this brand ?
    also anyone know where i can get my strings replaced ? my location is Rogers
    photo.jpg

2. truck24hr

truck24hr Super Member<br>2014-15 Bow Hunting Contest Winner

Alma
    Did you say 3 years old, or 30? When I was a kid, they were top of the line. I havent heard anything about them in the last twenty years though. I would think Southtown or Outdoor America could replace the strings.

3. 44

44 Well-Known Member

That is at least a 12 year old bow. Might find strings at the antique store. Just kidding.

I'm sure any bow shop can take the measurements and get you some strings ordered.

4. truck24hr

truck24hr Super Member<br>2014-15 Bow Hunting Contest Winner

Alma
    Also, Am I seeing things or is the quiver upside down?

5. 44

44 Well-Known Member

I am not an optometrist but I would say yours eyes are just fine.

I think it's just laying on the bow though.

6. Passthrough

Passthrough Account Suspended

I hate to say it but getting a custom string on that bow may be a waste of money. You will likely drop $100 on string and installation. For $100 you could buy a much newer bow. That thing has to be 15-20 years old. Not intended as an insult just something to think about

7. Mtalbert

Mtalbert New Member

Strong
    When i first thought about bow hunting i was given a High Country Supreme. I put about 200 in it to get it hunt ready.
    No matter how old the bow it will get you in the woods and kill deer.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

8. triton26

triton26 New Member

I have a 2010 high country iron mace and I would take it to the woods before my bow tech anyday!! In my opinion high country bows are good. I'm still a bow tech fan but this thing surprised me!

9. huntingdx

huntingdx Well-Known Member

i took it to a bow shop and i was told that it is about 15 years old haha i was way off ... good news i only payed $80 for the bow and it does not need new strings just needed string wax ... the guys at Southtown Sporting Goods saved me a lot of money they were honest and told me nothing was wrong with the bow i spent $3 dollars for a tube of bow string wax and a lot of knowledge about bows and equipment ... im new to archery and i have to start somewhere

10. danster

danster Well-Known Member

I shoot an Iron Mace just like triton does. It will SLING an arrow at blazing speeds and is tough as nails.