Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
AG&F also has what they call leased land wma Cherokee is the name of one of them you have to purchase a leased land permit for 20 bucks from AG&F but they are open to most seasons without drawings. See 2008 regulations you can down load it from AG&F site or pick um up at sporting goods stores or wally world.

Fetmo:usa:

·
Registered
14,536 Posts
Just make sure you read the WMA specific reg list in the back of the general reg book before you go. There will be a map there as well that will show you all of the WMAs in the state so you can find the ones closest to you.
You probably have more open gun hunting in your area than 90% of the state.

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
You can hunt White River NWR on the north side of Hwy 1 without permits after the permit hunts are over. White River NWR also has "out of boundry" land that has the same season dates and bag limits as the zone that they are in. There are 8 or 9 of these and they run from 40 acres or so up to around 300. And a couple of 'em are dandy's...

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
thank you every one very helpful. looks like i will get to try my new bow after all on deer :woohoo:
Bull Shoals has Jones Point which you don't need a permit and I've heard is pretty good for bow hunting. Norfork has the Norfork WMA which is about 2 thousand acres (if I remember correctly) and is bow only. There are also other smaller "Wildlife Areas" around Norfork controlled by AGFC and the COE which you can use both gun and bow on. Norfork WMA is walk-in only which can be a bit of a pain but since a lot of it is accessible by boat off the lake, that makes it easier, especially if you have to drag a deer out.

A lot of the shoreline on both Bull Shoals and Norfork is COE controlled and open for gun/bow hunting. But you need a boat to get to most of it. It's taken me about ten years to scout and figure out Norfork and it would probably be the same for you at Bull Shoals.

Cheers......

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.