Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know a guy thinking about getting an AR style shotgun.
Lots of cheap ones out there for black friday.

Lots of brands he's never heard of.
Anybody know of a good one?

Any brands that he shpuld avoid?

·
Registered
611 Posts
I haven't really researched them, but I have noticed most are foreign made... Turkey is one that I often see, and I think the Czech's make em too... between the two I'd probably go Czech. For some reason I just can't wrap my head around an AR style shotgun just like I can't one of the AK styles, but I suppose once you get used to the design it's OK just like any other semi...

·
Premium Member
28,306 Posts
Air gun Trigger Line Rectangle Gun barrel

i have thought about something like this. I would be using it primarily as a night hunting gun with one of the lower end thermal scopes. With the removable mags, you could carry one with buckshot and one with lead 4’s and easily switch them out whether coons or hogs at the feeder. I am not sure these cycle reliably enough for a home defense gun - based upon the reviews

·
Registered
5,588 Posts
I went to lunch the other day with my paint suppliers Rep at work. He had one of those laying in the front seat of his truck. It was loaded with buck shot. He said him and the other rep carry those for defense when they go on calls to Memphis and Pine Bluff. I thought he was joking. He was not. He said it deters trouble faster than a pistol. He said they started carrying them when Memphis had the peaceful protest.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts