Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
22,835 Posts
location of where a big buck was
hunting hard

paid off with a state record - great story IMO and actually more credit goes to the buddy sharing his land/lease. aint many friends that'd do that is there ?

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
"If a 150 or 160 inch 8 point comes out that's a trophy for me" That made me laugh. That's a big 8 point.

Good story though. Congrats to the guy.
Yeah, that quote made me think he wasn't too keen on antler scoring (he probably is now). There's not many 160 inch 8 pointers running around in Arkansas...that's a trophy to anyone! lol

·
Registered
373 Posts
I had dinner with "the buddy" the other night and the game can pics from that place are crazy! My dream buck is a 160 8pt and I may very well let one walk after seeing what they have on camera.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Current list of Arkansas 4 x 4s and 4 x 4+s

Mark Taylor …………..4 x 6….171 +
James Heavener………………...167+
David Bedell………………………..165+
Al Johnson …………………………..164+
Andrew France …………………...164
Guy Scudder ……………………...163+
Charles Wheeler………………….163

P&Y
Kurt Garland ……….4 x 5…...156
Ed Smith ……………..5 x 4…..151

4x4s, 4x5s, 4x6s are scored same as net score… which is minus extra point

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
I grew up on the bayou. I still hunt within a few miles of it. You'd be surprised what kind of deer is there. There usually not deer hunting pressure. Mostly coon and squirrel hunters with an occasional rabbit hunter. It's almost as good as the canal banks around that area!

I know of a mainframe 8 right now that would be 160 easy I think. It is by far the biggest deer I have ever seen. The pics are ridiculous.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Current list of Arkansas 4 x 4s and 4 x 4+s

Mark Taylor …………..4 x 6….171 +
James Heavener………………...167+
David Bedell………………………..165+
Al Johnson …………………………..164+
Andrew France …………………...164
Guy Scudder ……………………...163+
Charles Wheeler………………….163

P&Y
Kurt Garland ……….4 x 5…...156
Ed Smith ……………..5 x 4…..151

4x4s, 4x5s, 4x6s are scored same as net score… which is minus extra point
This makes my point. There are very, very few 8pt bucks in Arkansas scoring in the 160 range. His comment was sort of comical, it's kind of like saying, "I don't need much money, I'd just be happy being a billionaire".

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Those are the ones scored and listed, I have that many more not listed, ABBC does also…

But your point is correct there aren't many considering Arkansas hunters have killed over a million bucks…

But he does have one

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Those are the ones scored and listed, I have that many more not listed, ABBC does also…

But your point is correct there aren't many considering Arkansas hunters have killed over a million bucks…

But he does have one
Yep. He's definitely one of those that fell outside of the bell curve. Kind of like those few that have hit the lottery twice.

Congrats to him. I couldn't imagine taking something that big.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.