Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which area of the state appears to have the best turkey population for a public land hunter this spring? I'm in no lease, failed to draw a WMA permit this year, and the area around me doesn't appear to have the turkey population it's had in the past. If I go hunting, it will be public.

·
Registered
10,493 Posts
Muddy Creek WMA is covered up in birds this year. Just get in line with the other folks.
They must have imported some turkeys since last April. I hope they imported some more trees too. Last year it was hard to find one that didn't have a hunter sitting beside it. :smack:

·
3,605 Posts
Which area of the state appears to have the best turkey population for a public land hunter this spring? I'm in no lease, failed to draw a WMA permit this year, and the area around me doesn't appear to have the turkey population it's had in the past. If I go hunting, it will be public.
Lots of good public turkey hunting in your county.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Muddy Creek is usaully covered up with people during turkey season I've hunted there the last 15yrs. with my family and it is always covered up. But up in sharp county there are some birds and around piney creek along with izard county.:smack: :cool:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Selfbow, Can't say I'm familiar with much public land in White County. What are some of these areas? Thanks, Martin1

·
Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
56,030 Posts
If yer first name is Mark, and you drive a Nascar...you can come hunt w/me for nuttin!:thumb:

·
Registered
10,493 Posts
Muddy Creek is usaully covered up with people during turkey season I've hunted there the last 15yrs. with my family and it is always covered up. But up in sharp county there are some birds and around piney creek along with izard county.:smack: :cool:
You're not with that bunch that camps out every year at Old Forester are you?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for those that sent helpful information. JesusJunky163, I may check that out-got a brother lives near the NF line above Belleville that I can bunk with.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts