Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Member<br>'07/'08 Bowhunting Contest Team Winner
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't done any serious fishing since leaving MN in 1997. I had a boat and I fished about 3 times a week while my kids grew up. Mostly Walleyes, Northern pike, crappies, bass, sunfish and the occasional hunt for a muskie. I also made trips to Canada and did alot of hardwater fishing

When I moved the the Black hills there wasn't much for lakes some dams in the hills and rainbows. I think hardwater fishing for Walleyes was my prefrence.

Well since I have been to AR I have sold my hardwater gear, not much use for it here. I have been afraid to start fishing down here because I get the bug and get too cared away.

I have caught the fever! I bought a 16ft fishing boat and now I am fired up. I have been looking into good spots. I don't live too far from Lake Cathrine, and I hear good things about around Carpenter(sp?) Dam. Anybody fish out of there?

I would like to try for some walleyes and strippers and whatever else I can hook. I know walleyes can go deep in the warm water.

Any help?

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Wrong don't pay attention to the signs, go when you have time. Go enough and you will get lucky. That's why I fish several days a week except for hunting season or bad weather.:up:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.