Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone interested in talking about your hunting plans this year, maybe a certain deer you have decided to pursue, a special spot you plan to spend time hunting, thoughts you have while sitting on the deer stand? I'd like to see a thread where things stay as positive as possible without people getting so wound up.........I fought enough when I was a young man till I found out it usually wasn't worth the effort.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm heading down to the lease I just got in tomorrow, don't really know much yet but it sure is fun to learn a new place.......it usually takes me a year to figure out the deer AND the people in a new lease, then I can adjust to everything the next year. I got a food plot planted with a bow/gun stand for my boy........that's where the picture of the big boar was taken(see trail cam thread). Gonna take one lock on stand and find a place to put up what I call an observation stand that I can adjust after I kinda see whats going on in that particular area. I gotta say though, the older I get the more I appreciate just being out there and witnessing God's awesome creation.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My in-laws live in Kansas and I am going up there for a 2 week bow hunt this year......sad thing is they haven't been able to help me get any private land to hunt on.......I wonder if that is their way of getting back at me for marrying their daughter?:head:

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, I married my wife 18 years ago too, but her family is not remotely interested in hunting and she has never taken to it either, I've tried for years and she just isn't interested. But to her credit she loves the fact that I like it and she never complains......and she loves to eat deer and wild hog. So I have the green light from Oct. 1 to Feb. 28 to go as much as my schedule allows.....which isn't nearly enough!!!!!

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's the truth!! I have a couple of hot spots on my property, but usually reserve them for my son to hunt. I'd much rather him take a nice buck than me. We are getting ready to do a little scouting combined with squirrel hunting. About all we need to do this year is to move a couple of stands and do a little trimming.
I want my son to get a good one with his bow really bad, his first buck ever was with a gun of course when he was 11, it was a 2 1/2 year old 10 pt. and he was fired up.......course it cost me a shoulder mount. Now he is really showing an interest in bow hunting, so I'm trying to get him on a good one....it will be fun this year.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Some people just miss the bigger points of hunting. To me what's important is to spend time in the woods, and I really don't care if I kill or not. One of the most important things to me is ensuring that there will be a next generation of hunters. If all we do is get the next generation of hunters committed to the sport, our time will have been well spent.

Any time you spend in the woods is good time. If you spend your time in the woods with your kids, that's the best time.
Couldn't have said it better........looking forward to those best times this year.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I can remember hunting with my dad, he never deer hunted but we squirrell hunted a lot, and fished a lot, and I remember walking behind him in the woods when I was just a little thing learning how to be quiet. I hope the time I have spent with my son will be what he thinks of when I get older.....and forgets the times I had to bust his behind because I loved him enough to keep him on track.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.