Anyone work with Avaya Partner or Lucent PBX's

Discussion in 'Forum, Software, and Computer Help' started by factory909, Dec 17, 2010.

1. factory909

factory909 Well-Known Member

Like the title says anyone work with Avaya Partner ACS/Lucent PBX's? non-ip stuff. Im new to this stuff and would like to get some good knowledge on how it all works. Looking for some good links on common terminology, wiring structures, etc....

2. CrappieMaster220

CrappieMaster220 Well-Known Member

I do fiber optic and network cabling.. I don't work on phone systems, but I do however do structured cabling... The phones your talking about run off 1 pair I believe... If so, they should be pretty simple to wire up... Most of the time in a commercial setting depending on the size of the building and the number of lines your running you will have a 66 block... Which is basically a splice point where your cabling will meet up with ATT or whoever your telephone providers cabling is. From there you will run a phone line (cat5, cat3,) to the location where the phone is... In a phone line there are "pairs" different types of cables have different numbers of pairs in them... The particular phones your referring to only use 1 pair (If i'm not mistaken)... Just hook the same pair you have wired to the 66 block to the jack... I know that wasn't the clearest explanation and maybe not even anything you were looking for... Just not sure exactly what your wanting to know.

I am familiar with phone and data cabling/wiring so if you have any particular questions let me know...