Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I've got a tube of them. I was using a QAD dropaway rest that didn't drop fast enought and was making contact. I got rid of that rest and am using a Trapdoor and it works fine. I have only shot them a couple of times and they do create tight groups, but I'm still shooting Fatboys and will just save the dozen Carbon Express Maximas for later. The videos on youtube.com are pretty impressive.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I've got a tube of them. I was using a QAD dropaway rest that didn't drop fast enought and was making contact. I got rid of that rest and am using a Trapdoor and it works fine. I have only shot them a couple of times and they do create tight groups, but I'm still shooting Fatboys and will just save the dozen Carbon Express Maximas for later. The videos on youtube.com are pretty impressive.
I know a couple guys that have the QAD and it did take them some time to get them tuned so they wouldnt hit..
I have the RipCord and it is very easy to adjust, I love the RipCord...

·
Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
56,584 Posts
Where's the link to the youtube?

·
Select Member<br>2015-16 Bow Hunting Contest Winne
5,311 Posts
I have tried them.....They shot fine, No better than fletching IMO. I just gave them away, they are NOT forgiving if you make contact with anything!
And sounded wierd in flight. Just did not trust them in the crucial moment when I get nervous and there is a possibilty form breaks down. I played with them torquing my bow and made them contact.

And could not get use to the looks of them........But they did fly just fine!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Howdy,

If anyone has any questions/problems I am here to help.

The noise generated by the FOB comes off the back end of the FOB which is directed right at the shooter and sounds different. This is caused by the air being compressed and de-compressed (this is how we get so much bang for the buck). When ever someone calls and says the FOB makes to much noise, I suggest that they stand SAFELY at the target end (behind a tree or something) and have someone shoot a broadhead at the target and compare to a fletch. So far most everyone who tries this agrees that the FOB makes less noise or no more than fletching. A fletch will fold and flutter under load and makes noise. The FOB sounds the same regardless of conditions as it does not deform. Over the last few years we have had many folks harvest lots of game and nobody ever has had an issue with noise. Again, the noise from the FOB comes off the back end is directed right at the shooter.

For sure the FOB is not for shooting groups. Just broadheads (big or small) in bad weather (high crosswind).

If you go to You Tube and do a search for starrflight fobs you will get most of the videos (make sure you use two rr in starrflight).

Regards,

Paul
StarrFlight

·
Select Member<br>2015-16 Bow Hunting Contest Winne
5,311 Posts
Not sure who let Mr. Morris know about this thread...........But it does say alot when the owner of the company signs up to the forum to promote his product.

Welcome to Arkansas Hunting Paul !

·
Registered
6 Posts
Not sure who let Mr. Morris know about this thread...........But it does say alot when the owner of the company signs up to the forum to promote his product.

Welcome to Arkansas Hunting Paul !
Ha!

Thanks for the welcome. I can not tell a lie. I have a web tracker so I can see where the hits are coming from. When I see a forum active with FOB talk I try to join in. Not in a sneaky way! Always upfront, never selling anything, just want to help folks know what the heck a FOB is and how it works. Ads have never worked for me. Only word of mouth.

I can sure see how the FOB may look like a gimmick. However if you turn your archery brain off and think of a projectile flying through the air, a ridged airfoil makes a lot of sense (I hope:biggrin:).

The contraption is NOT for everyone. When I came up with the idea it was for selfish reasons. I never thought to bring it to market. I am a hillbilly at heart. I stump shoot and use large Zwickey heads. I needed something that would punch through a cactus without getting torn to shreds and fly a Zwickey at higher speeds. The thing turned out to work so I decided to make a go of it.

Looking forward to answer any question you all may have.

Best regards,

The Hillbilly stump shooter from Arizona.......

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.