Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
29,424 Posts
My coons have got a little trap shy. I can usually change up the bait and improve the response. But this time of year, anything like sardines, fish, marshmallows, etc is almost immediately swarmed by fireants. What do you dp trappers use for bait in warmer months when dry cat food, catfish food, corn isnt working?

·
Premium Member
29,424 Posts
Have traps out, in one area of pipeline I have killed 27 possums, 2 coons, and couple buzzards in less than 2 weeks. All in claw traps and cage traps. They seem to be shy of the dog proofs.. also killed a couple in back yard foodplot with the IR scope
I have noticed my coons get dp trap shy pretty quick. I have found if I trap with a bunch of traps for three or four days, and then pick up - I do better than if I use fewer traps for a longer period. It is odd to me, my coons dont seem to get as trap shy about a cage type live trap as they do a dp.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
160's inside Square plastic buckets. Will catch them. U will catch oppsums coons and skunk. I even caught several bobcats in that set. There doa when u get there. U save on ammo. Just dont set if u have cats in the area. If u dont want them dead.

·
Premium Member
29,424 Posts
160's inside Square plastic buckets. Will catch them. U will catch oppsums coons and skunk. I even caught several bobcats in that set. There doa when u get there. U save on ammo. Just dont set if u have cats in the area. If u dont want them dead.
Probably catch my own dog in that bucket set. Do you put them up in a tree or on the ground?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts