Anyone thought about this?

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by ArkArcher, Jan 16, 2008.

1. ArkArcher

ArkArcher Moderator Staff Member

I know it's probably to late this year, but we ought to meet up (anyone that can go) and do an AH.net duck hunt. I guess where we would go would depend on how many people were interested. Just thought it would be fun to get to gether with everyone and meet, in person, and do a little hunting. :thumb:

I've got plans this weekend but a friend (who is on the site) and I are planning on going to the meto the last saturday of the season. If anyone wants to join us, come on! All I can promise is bad calling, bad shooting, and maybe no ducks, but a good time will be had! :smack: :thumb::razz: Just thought I would throw it out there.

Jared

2. It would be real nice if a few of the guys that have leases on here would get a group hunt for all of us to get together on. I know there are plenty of guys here that have leased or private land!! Where are you guys at??

3. quacksmacker

quacksmacker Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mind getting in on some of that next season. :thumb: let's do it!

4. arkdrake

arkdrake Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mind. Can i bring a GPS also:biggrin:

5. bps12

bps12 Well-Known Member

Hey I am in just let me know where to meet up I think it's a good idea, But if we go to your hole do we all have to walk in blind folded:wink:

6. ArkArcher

You can come into my hole eyes wide open....That's because I don't have a hole and usually just wonder around till I find something. :smack: Seriously. :smack: If you look at my other thread about the meto, you can see that I don't really have a specific spot. I haven't been down there in about 3 years either. I would be hunting my private spot, but a good friend of mine that I introduced to duck hunting a couple years ago hasn't ever hunted in the timber (only open water marsh, minnow ponds, and in blinds on backwater holes) so he wants to give it a try. So you still want to go wondering through the meto with us? You are welcome to come. I do have a plan and an area I want to try but who knows what it will look like.

I usually hunt private land that I have permission to hunt. If I could, I would invite some of you to join me, but I'm not allowed. :smack:

7. bps12

bps12 Well-Known Member

Well as far as I know I have nothin goin that day so as of right now I will be in, I will let BG12 know. I know he is off but I am not sure if he will be able to go.

8. bps12

bps12 Well-Known Member

Hey wait a minute, Were you not on here just a few day ago askin how to get around in the metro. What you tryin to do get us all lost.:thumb:

9. ArkArcher

Yes I was asking that. I got a couple ideas from some fine members on here. We won't get lost. :thumb:

I'm not promising anything because I have never been to these spots, but have been told they have produced in the past. :biggrin:

10. arkdrake

arkdrake Well-Known Member

I will warn you that the water has fell out of upper about 8 or so inches. If i was off i would go.

11. bps12

bps12 Well-Known Member

Come on I know there are somemore of you guys out there that want to go.

12. jjarvis0007

jjarvis0007 Well-Known Member

Im down! Met 2 people from here in the duck woods and they were great. We can all line up one side of a rest area the last weekend and produce one heck of a volley!!

13. oldreloader

oldreloader Well-Known Member

ya'll don't tease an old guy like that!! It does sound like a great idea though.I'd sure be willing to try it.

14. Arkie_3_fan

Arkie_3_fan Well-Known Member

I won't be able to make it but it does sound like a great idea.
    In the past it's been suggested that we have an AH.net squirrel hunt sometime in the early part of squirrel season. This also sounded like a good idea to me and I think it's something we might want to consider trying to put together for next year.

15. ArkArcher

Sounds like this is going to be fun! :thumb:

I don't have a boat so walk-in is the idea. Have any of you been hunting down around Buckingham flats? Like I said, I haven't been to the meto this year but that area is my plan as of now.

If any of you that plan on going know of a better place, feel free to throw it out there.

So who is all in for sure?

16. cuppinducks

cuppinducks Well-Known Member

Not for sure, but very interested. I'll let you know next week.

17. jjarvis0007

jjarvis0007 Well-Known Member

So when, where, and what time?

18. farmdub

farmdub Well-Known Member

sure thing

that sounds great. what time and where:thumb:

19. ArkArcher

Ok, so here is the list of those that have said yes. Some others have expressed interest, but I couldn't tell if they were joking or what, so if you are serious and want to go next saturday (the 26th) to the meto with us, please reply so we can get a count. :thumb: I mentioned the area I wanted to try, but if any of those that are going know of a better walk-in place, feel free to throw it out there. If not, I guess its the flats. :thumb:

1. ArkArcher
    2. Veo (friend I was going with anyway but is a member here)
    3. bps12
    4. jjarvis0007
    5. cuppinducks (?)
    6. farmdub

We'll get the time and place to meet nailed down next week probably when we get an accurate head count.

20. bps12

bps12 Well-Known Member

Come on Jordan I know you got some honey holes out there you would be glad to show us.