Anyone smoke a pipe?

Discussion in 'Campfire' started by green_head_getter, Dec 20, 2010.

1. green_head_getter

green_head_getter Super Member<br>2010 Bowhunting Contest Winner

I know it's kind of a Lost art. Wondering if anyone on here is a tobacco pipe smoker. A buddy and I got started in pipes a year or two ago. Generally just a winter time thing while duck hunting. Also around the fire on camping trips.

2. arcountryboy

arcountryboy Well-Known Member

My dad did a lot, when he passed I kept his pipe for memories and it was already broke in good so I use it. Nothing like the smell of Borkum Riff Cherry Cavendish through a nice Meerschaum pipe.

3. woodsnwater

woodsnwater Well-Known Member

Oh we are talking about tobacco?:smack::fit:

Never smoked from a pipe.. Like a good cigar every now and then.

4. BDW

BDW Premium Member<br>Merganser Slayer<br>2011 Turkey

Sometimes I throw a stick of cherry firewood on the woodstove and go outside and stand in the chimney smoke. :thumb:

5. coonnutz

coonnutz Well-Known Member

I used to smoke with a pipe years ago, definately a different style thats for sure. Nowadays a hate the after taste cigarretts and smoking tabbacco leaves in my mouth.

6. jas870

jas870 Super Member<br>2012-13 Bowhunting Contest Winner

I have one and smoke it on occasion.

7. green_head_getter

green_head_getter Super Member<br>2010 Bowhunting Contest Winner

I contemplated getting a meerschaum pipe but there so fragile and effected by temperatures. Decided to go with a briarwood. Much more durable. The after taste of tobacco is the only thing I don't like. Try sucking on a hot tamale or any cinnamon candy while smokin. Compliments the tobacco nicely

8. arcountryboy

arcountryboy Well-Known Member

I have a Briarwood marxmen estate pipe also and a few cheaper pipes, there is a big difference between cheap ones and good ones.

9. M1Tommy

M1Tommy Well-Known Member

One of my great grandpa's smoked one regularly. Up until his passing on, he would take a regular break from his work, sit in his truck to smoke and read his Bible. He mowed yards for a living, up to (I think it was) 92 years old!

Some day if I have a library of a man-cave I may hire someone to come over sit inside it and smoke a pipe about monthly. :thumb:

Tommy

10. DeLancey

DeLancey Well-Known Member

My uncle did until he died at 50 from a heart problem. I have one time just because I was with my buddy that was and I like the smell of the tobacco but I cant get over the nasty taste left in my mouth to smoke one. But I do like to smell them