Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering if anybody was planning any cool bowhunting trips this year. If we get drawn my best friend and I are going to try to hunt Ne for the last five days before their gun season and then going south to KS for another 5 days of bowhunting there.:thumb:

·
Premium Member
7,807 Posts
me and mo hunter will be going to Wyoming for a spot and stalk mule deer bowhunt, the first week in sept, if we get drawn, (crossed fingers).

we will have 10,000 acres leased for 7 days. permanent blinds on some waterholes, and about 1000 acres of alfalfa. heres hoping!!!:thumb: BG12

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sounds like some great trips! Especially you BG 12 I love to spot and stalk mulies. Where we hunt in NE there used to be a good mule deer population but in the last 5 years the mulies have just about dissappeared.:frown: On the upside tho the whitetails are thick as fleas.:biggrin: I wish all of you the best of luck and look forward to stories and lots of pictures.:up:

·
Registered
220 Posts
Me, my brother and a friend are going to Colorado for a DIY public land archery hunt on Elk. Will be there 10 days, spike camps only:biggrin:

Right now my pack is stuffed to the gills with food and hunting equipment.

·
Premium Member
7,807 Posts
You lucky boys gettin to hunt Illnois. Ya'll put in for a draw or have kin folk in the area. I would love to hunt up there!!!:biggrin:
hey man, all you gotta do is get off that wallet and go. the shawnee national forest in southern IL is 262,000 acres best i remember. bowhunted there in 94. always wanted to go back, just haven't yet. some real bruisers there. short shotgun and ML seasons + no rifle season + lengthy bow season = big bucks. BG12

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.