anyone own a burris sportsman scope

Discussion in 'Guns, Ammunition, and Reloading' started by leserz, Dec 20, 2010.

1. leserz

leserz Well-Known Member

any one have or had a burris sportsman 3 x 9 - 40 scope ? what do or what did you think of it ?

2. QCDually5.9

QCDually5.9 Super Member<br>Forum Sponsor

Although I haven't had a burris sportsman, I do own several burris scopes, spotting scopes and binos. Very good quality in my opinion.

3. leserz

leserz Well-Known Member

they seem to have a good reputation for there scopes. the sportsman is not top line from them but i bought a used one haven't got it in the mail yet. i guess after i bought it is the wrong time to ask about it. bought it on reputation.

4. WillyB71

WillyB71 Well-Known Member

I own several of their Fullfield II and one Signature series scope. I am a big fan. Excellent value & superb customer service.

All the optics makers make different grades...mostly involves lens finishing and coating quality.

Budget scope, but it should be clear & tough.

5. dirtdart

dirtdart Well-Known Member

Heard of Bushnell Sportsman....

I have six Burris Scopes. Only one a Fullfield II. The rest Signature or Fullfield. Like Willy said. Customer service is great. Just sent one to Greely, CO that I bought in 1977 because I went to turn the lock ring on the occular lens and the entire erector tube and reticle turned. Wow!

They'll fix it and send it back with cleaned lenses, new nitrogen, and sealed to factory specs. Great scopes. I have sent three back just for cleaning, lost turret cover, and nitrogen re-charge. No questions asked and it's returned in like new condition. Good to have a company stand up to a promise.

6. leserz

leserz Well-Known Member

not a burris it's a bushnell duh

boy i screwed up it is not a burris scope it is a bushnell don't know what i was thinking. :head:

7. Hudge

Hudge Well-Known Member

I have one on my .30-30. It's been on it for 6 years now, and has served me well.

8. leserz

leserz Well-Known Member

ups deliver it yesterday. i like it all ready. nice and clear. easy focus :biggrin: