Anyone make eggnog and/or cheeseballs

Discussion in 'Cooking, Grilling, BBQ, and Recipes' started by factory909, Dec 17, 2010.

1. factory909

factory909 Well-Known Member

Im really getting into the mood for some eggnog and cheeseballs. Anyone have a good recipe for either? I was talking to "curt" today and he said the Evan Williams brand Eggnog tasted the best of the store bought. As far as cheeseballs, im looking for something with cheese rolled in bacon.

2. Rebel

Rebel Well-Known Member

It doesnt matter what brand of egg nog to me but I like to mix it with southern comfort . Southern comfort is sweet to begin with and also has a caramel flavor that goes well with the egg nog. Vanilla rum also works pretty good as mixer for egg nog. Stay away from the pre-mixed stuff at the liquor store , it is pretty rank.

3. LedZhead20

LedZhead20 Well-Known Member

Egg nog- Go buy the Hidland brand its the best add to it if you choose.

4. bett_lou

bett_lou Moderator<br>Campfire<br>Humor & Games<br>'07 Deer

FOR SHAME! Never BUY eggnog. Homemade is the best. Simple to make.

1 quart of whipping cream
    1 dozen eggs
    1 1/2 cups sugar
    1 cup whiskey (your choice)

Beat whipping cream with one 1/2 cup sugar. Separate eggs and whip egg whites with 1/2 cup sugar. Add sugar 1 T at a time with egg whites n cream. Add 1/2 cup of sugar to egg yolks and beat well while adding whiskey. That's my favorite part, when the whiskey cooks the eggs. :biggrin: Then fold the egg whites and cream with whiskey mixture. Sprinkle with nutmeg. It's like ice cream with whiskey.

I made it every year for my Daddy. It was his favorite. Marsh Man asked for it this year, I love him!

5. woodsnwater

woodsnwater Well-Known Member

Now that sounds good.. I love egg nog, but never poured whiskey in it.

6. SARAH

SARAH Well-Known Member

Thanks Bett gonna have to try this:up: