Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A year or so ago one of the guys here bred his dog to get a pup. He gave the pups away to people in town and one male had been neglected. My wife would ride by and feed him weinees and he followed her home a few days ago. She fed him and he now stays on our carport. We'd love to keep him but we live on a busy highway and i'd sure hate to see him get hit with such a great disposition. He lays around and when he comes to you he'll sit and let you pet him. I think someones been mean to him cause he'll cower even to my female lab. Hes a light choc with a white blaze on his chest. Here is a few pics....

·
Suspended Indefinitely
2,957 Posts
i just don't understand how people can neglect or mistreat dogs......hope you find him a good home!
three rivers
you and your wife are very kind to do this for this dog. I got a lab and a yorkie or I would come and get him in a second. Labs are very faithful and mine will protect my kids. Labs are always clean and full of energy. Good Luck.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, i just hate to see a good dog not get a fair shake. If it were up to us we'd have a few more if we had a fence. The only downside to him is in the confidence department, i'd bet due to the way hes been treated. Thats an easy fix over time and constant praise. Hes got a small spot on his ear from flies so i blue lotioned it, got a dose of frontline from my labs regular dosage and hes been eating good and starting to gain weight. Hes still going back down to the other house but still coming and begging food. He'll whine outside and i'll bring him a bowl, then he passes out on the doormat.

John i'm in northeast arkansas..... small town by the name of tupelo.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.