Anyone know who "Stumpy Waters" is

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by Hambone, Jan 21, 2008.

1. Hambone

Hambone Well-Known Member

This guy made a post over on The Refuge site about finding a knife at a boat ramp on Saturday morning. I think it might be mine. For some reason it is taking a long time for me to get the activation e-mail back from registration and I can't send him a pm.

If any of you post over there will you send him a pm and tell him to get in touch with me. I would really like to get this knife back.

my e-mail is [email protected]

Thanks.

2. Hambone, I sent him a PM. He was off line but I bet you will be getting an email from him soon. Hope that is your knife. By the way, I have several Hambone duck calls but I have retired them as I understand they are now collector's items. I used to shoot trap with Howard Amaden down at the Remington Gun Club at Lonoke. Howard loved those Model 12's. If we didn't have to shoot steel shot I would be shooting mine.

3. Hambone

CDL

thank you I hope to hear from him. I hope it is my knife hate to lose one like this one.

I have a very large collection of Hambones and hunted with one for a few years. Howard was my favorite Arkansas callmaker. I bet it was cool to shoot with him.

4. I saw where Stumpy found the owner of the knife. Was it you ?

5. Hambone

Yes it was. I appreciate your help very much!!!!

6. radwheeler

radwheeler Guest

Hey catdaddylong. I'm glad you mentioned Howard He was and still is one of my most respected people of all time. I can't tell you how much love and respect I have for that man . He made me a personalized call o let's say about 25 years ago, but who's counting. he druge me through that hole at Dagmar, I can't tell you how many times. Man those were the days. He worked with me so many hours on that damm contest calling, and to think for only a minute and twenty seconds, to the second, of calling:banghead: My only regreat was I could only muster up runnerup.. I feel I must know you if you knew Howard, Maybe we can share some more stories.. friends, Jim Hardison,(J.J.) , The Rad:up: :cool:

7. I used to shoot competition trap and the Remington Gun Club at Lonoke was my home base. I would shoot every week practicing at Remington and then go to shoots around the state and some out of state. I probably shot a case (500 rounds) a month at the very least. Howard would show up shooting his model 12 Winchester Trap gun and I so admired his I finally got me one. I bought my first duck call when I was in high school and it was a Hambone. Did not know who Howard Amaden was or cared at the time. As the years past I bought several more as I really like the sound they made(and so did the ducks :wink: ) Anyway I met Howard out at Remington and he was pretty old then. This was back in the mid 80's. Howard was usually in my squad and he was pretty salty with that old model 12 but the years started taking it's toll on his eye sight so he shot less and less. Everyone at Remington mourned Howard when he finally passed away. I enjoyed talking to him about duck hunting more than shooting and he had some stories. They don't make them like him anymore.