Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
18,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. Ive just hammered my ground hard. I have alot of timbered ground but hate calling in the trees. I also hate public land but cats are stupid and can be called over and over.

· Registered
18,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think the rabbit sounds are best. Some people use bird sounds too. Just play something that is real busy. I use baby cottontail, adult cottontail and lightning jack in that order. I just put on a sound and let it play. Change sounds every 5 minutes or so. Stay on stand for 12 to 15 minutes. The biggest deal is to sit extremely still. They dont always come charging in like a coyote and are alot more likely to see you. Im not a cat calling expert by no means, but Im friends with some of the best cat killers in the nation. I get some inside tips. :cool:

· Member<br>2011 Turkey Contest Winner<br>2011-2012
801 Posts
I seen one in the madison county management area a couple years back..If that helps.I can give ya more details....Also I talked to tink the other day and told him I may hook you fellas up with some coyotes if interested.My lease has got overrun with them again.I may try to call a few times and let my dad kill a few,Cause he would rather shoot a coyote than a deer.But I just want them killed.I aint seeing very many fawns...And I have to blame some of it on the coyotes....

· Registered
18,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well I went against my better judgement and went and called cats on public land. I should have knew better. I finally quite the charade and went to some of my private land. I called in a hard running pair right before dark. They were on top of me before I knew what was happening. I couldnt do nothing with them. They scattered like quail. I managed to get the female to come back for a second look. The male wasnt having anymore to do with the situation.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.