Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am lookin for someone or some people to plan a bow hunt for mule deer nest year. i am new to bow hunting and would like to go with someone with some experience hunting out of state. i am clean and safe as they come so no worries on that. all the people i know are gun hunters and i really prefer a bow. any takers let me know. i have no idea where to go, i just know i want to hunt some mule deer or maybe elk.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have no experience hunting mule deer but it sounds like something Id consider doing.
i have no experience either. i am sure someone on here has some that will go with us. i have been watching people do it on tv, particularly the eastmans hunting show. they say they do all over the counter tag hunts and usually with no guide. anyway i would like to ambush some muleys sometime soon! there are alot of different states to hunt them too.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I hunted the west for a lot years. Know a lot of great places. I will be heading out elk bow hunting around the 9/15 also have mule deer tags but holding off those tags until the rut. If some one would like to make a hookup some time. I could use someone to help with gas cost. :thumb:

·
Registered
227 Posts
I've never hunted out west, but me and a buddy are going next year. Whether he wants to or not, most likely mule deer and elk. I would be game for getting together with a larger group and so would he. I'm pretty normal for the most part, and well my friend is most of the time.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I'm going to try to draw New Mexico also, we go out there every two years during July for my wife's family reunion. We go to Logan, NM. it's about 30 miles from San Jon, we see big mule deer and antelope everywhere out there

·
Registered
703 Posts
Most states have a draw system for tags. Colorado has a deadline for apps. in April. Most of the Eastmans hunts are in draw areas, but they hunt withoug a guide. Its all DIY. I AM giong to Colorado next year. I am bowhunting elk and mule deer if I draw a deer tag. I hunt east of Pogosa Springs. TONS OF DEER. Ever hear the ond country song "Wolf Creek Pass"? I hunt half way up wolf creek pass. I love hnting there. From Fort Smith you only have to take 3 right turns and you are there. Even I cant get lost.

If we get a group together I would LOVE to go. If yall want to go somewhere besides Colorado Im game for that too.:thumb:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.