Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am lookin for someone or some people to plan a bow hunt for mule deer nest year. i am new to bow hunting and would like to go with someone with some experience hunting out of state. i am clean and safe as they come so no worries on that. all the people i know are gun hunters and i really prefer a bow. any takers let me know. i have no idea where to go, i just know i want to hunt some mule deer or maybe elk.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have no experience hunting mule deer but it sounds like something Id consider doing.
i have no experience either. i am sure someone on here has some that will go with us. i have been watching people do it on tv, particularly the eastmans hunting show. they say they do all over the counter tag hunts and usually with no guide. anyway i would like to ambush some muleys sometime soon! there are alot of different states to hunt them too.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I hunted the west for a lot years. Know a lot of great places. I will be heading out elk bow hunting around the 9/15 also have mule deer tags but holding off those tags until the rut. If some one would like to make a hookup some time. I could use someone to help with gas cost. :thumb:

·
Registered
227 Posts
I've never hunted out west, but me and a buddy are going next year. Whether he wants to or not, most likely mule deer and elk. I would be game for getting together with a larger group and so would he. I'm pretty normal for the most part, and well my friend is most of the time.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Most states have a draw system for tags. Colorado has a deadline for apps. in April. Most of the Eastmans hunts are in draw areas, but they hunt withoug a guide. Its all DIY. I AM giong to Colorado next year. I am bowhunting elk and mule deer if I draw a deer tag. I hunt east of Pogosa Springs. TONS OF DEER. Ever hear the ond country song "Wolf Creek Pass"? I hunt half way up wolf creek pass. I love hnting there. From Fort Smith you only have to take 3 right turns and you are there. Even I cant get lost.

If we get a group together I would LOVE to go. If yall want to go somewhere besides Colorado Im game for that too.:thumb:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.