Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Moderator<br>Help Forum<br>
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If any of you guys are gonna be hunting in the upper part of the South Unit for the ML permit hunt let me know. We'll be down there from Thursday night until Monday evening. We always have a couple extra lawn chairs and beers sitting around. :thumb:

Also, anyone here ever hunt the Wolf Lake area? All we've ever hunted is Alligator lake down south so we're clueless about this new area. Decided to give it a shot though.

·
Registered
8,675 Posts
i hunted around Turner Lake last fall, i believe its WRR South Unit. I went around the left side of the lake and back in there. I had it all marked on the topo map we purchased. Seen a few does, but more bears and turkeys then anything.

·
Moderator<br>Help Forum<br>
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have a question? Are you talking about the WRR that is at St. Charles?
Yes.

Good luck:up: Ive heard tell of some great deer taken around wolf lake area in years past but have always hunted around Columbus lake
Well, the Wolf Lake area was pretty much the "dart on a map" choice. Like I said, we know nothing about any place other than around Alligator Lake. If you want to share some insights on Columbus Lake, I'm all ears. :thumb:

·
Registered
221 Posts
Sorry I'm a little slow... A guy that i know hunts around or "says" he hunts around columbus. and if he's telling the truth then he killed a dandy 8 last year... but he is kinda spooky and likes to tell a white lie so I don't know how much help that is.... only thing about the south I actually know is where the crappie bite....But goodluck!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Won't be there for the ML hunt, but it's on for the MG hunt. Went scouting a couple of times so far. No stand time. Ground was too dry the times that we went to see tracks, but walking in you can see quite a bit of trails and sign. They have really done a lot of work down there in the past few years. No run-ins with bear so far. Have seen a few turkeys and a couple of deer. No horns yet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.