Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member<br>2010 Deer Hunting Contest Winner
6,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious if anyone hunts this state, on our way to South Dakota we saw quite a few birds in the fields in Neb, We stayed one night in Kearney and I talked to a few folks in Cabela's and they wanted to know why we was heading up to South Dakota when they had so many birds there. One clerk told us heck these farmers will almost Pay you to shoot em! I have heard those tales before until you actually try and get a farmer to let you hunt?

·
Super Member<br>Forum Sponsor<br>High On The Hog O
1,764 Posts
Hmmm. You got me to thinking and checking it out and licenses are not bad at all...

Turkey Permits
Permit Type Fee
Resident Turkey Permit $24.00
Resident Landowner Turkey Permit $12.50
Nonresident Turkey Permit $86.00
Nonresident Landowner Spring Turkey Permit $43.50

April12-May18 season with a 3 bird limit...:cool: :up:

Might be something to think about next year, thanks Buba!!!

·
Member<br>2009 Predator Contest Winner
676 Posts
I've been out there a couple of time to one of the Indian reservations and always had good hunts. I think the area that we hunted are now hybrids. Still alot of white on them, but looked more like a Rio. Price was couple of hundred bucks.

·
Member<br>2011 Turkey Contest Winner<br>2011-2012
801 Posts
I bowhunt in the fall for deer in southeast ne.And I just didnt see very many birds in that area.But I have also bowhunted in south central ne.a couple of yrs. ago and the turkeys were everywhere.And the farmers up there "HATE" Turkeys.So i'd say go get 'em...........

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
last year, hunted around platte river valley private land, those are Rios and some Rio/mer hybrids, then went up to pine ridge areas on private land for Merriams, you gotta be up in N and NW Neb to get into pure mers from what I know.
3 turk tags and lic cost ya bout $300

·
Registered
14,528 Posts
3 turk tags and lic cost ya bout $300
OUCH!
Of course, if the residents dont hunt em much, and that keeps the nonresidents out, there could be some really good hunting up there.
I've got to find somewhere good to go next year. I've been taking my brother along since he got out of the Marines, and I've had him on birds just enough that he's hooked. He said he wants to go out of state with me next year and see what it's really supposed to be like.

·
Registered
372 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
I just got back from Nebraska on Tuesday. Tagged out on the first day. 1st bird was the biggest, 10 inch beard, 1 1/2 spurs and weight 22 1/2 lbs.
It has snowed 12" last Friday and temps Sunday morning were 23 degrees with 25 mile/hour wind. It was a great trip, lots of birds, worked real good.
I will definately go back.
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l192/walker733/100_0537.jpg

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l192/walker733/100_0531.jpg
Public or private land???

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.