Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
1,857 Posts
I no nothing of trusten holder but I will give you advice #1- Do not be dissapointed or give up when you get walked up on while on stand, its frustrating, but it is public land, its gonna happen.

The first time I hunted a WMA, I scouted and found a spot that was tore up with deer sign and I drug a heavy stand in there and set up the next morning and I saw several deer until about 8:00 this guy comes sneaking through the woods. I was kinda upset and mad a little too. But I returned there a few weeks later and scored on a buck. I have been walked upon many times since then and I now just accept it as a part of hunting public ground.

·
Registered
6,534 Posts
Do plenty of scouting but be prepared for others to find what you find. There are some nice deer there but you will have to remember others hunt the place also and you will find alot of regulars that pretty well go to the same spots everytime. Good luck and happy hunting.:thumb:

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Some times them folks walking around stir things up. I can't tell you how many times right after someone has walked within sight of my stand on public land I have seen deer. Some of the best hunting I had two years ago on a WMA was on a day when the woods were full of other hunters. Their movement kept the deer moving. Saw more deer that day than every before just none worth harvesting. :frown:

·
Registered
65 Posts
I hunting Trusten a few times last season...nice place. Be sure to check the water levels before you make the long drive there....I found that out the hard way....got all the way there and there were closed gates everywhere cause the water was too high and they close down the area.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Th

i have never hunted a wma before, any advice?
Scout, scout and scout some more!! Here is a hint . Study the maps and hunt the obvious and where the crowd isn't. After that ask Jerry Dean or Arkarcher for an opinion.
Bowhunting can be great!!
Here is a list of some the best spots in the area:

Oh never mind I'm too tired right now. :thumb:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.