Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
I dont get on here hardly anymore. But if u drive walk and look. U will find some good places. Start on bear road. Up on top along the road. There is white oaks but there small . I parked took off over the ridge . The farther i went bigger the acorns got. Seen more squirrels. There hickory nuts & white oaks. The place i fount the hickory nut and white oaks are loaded down. Its unreal the cutting on that rigde. I went this morning. I didnt get 50 yds from the truck. I set in one spot killed 4 squirrels less than 10 minutes. There was squirrels barking all around me. I counted 6 or 7 squirrels barking. Then the fog moved in. I couldn't hardly see anything. I backed out headed home. I fount that place last Sunday. I went to the area . Seen a squirrel killed it. Walked about 25 yds set down. Hadnt been there 5 minutes. I heard something looked a bear walked out. It was less than 15 yds. I watched him he was eating acorns. He finally seen me move ran over the hill. He stayed out there 45 minutes blowing and grunting . He finally stop after that. Most of the time i carry mossberg 500 410. But i got a new tristar G2 viper 28ga. Bought it just for squirrel hunting. I have been hunting this season 3 days a week. Even the walnut crops is good in places. Plant Terrestrial plant Leaf vegetable Grass Flowering plant
Plant Branch Fruit Citrus Twig

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I dont get on here hardly anymore. But if u drive walk and look. U will find some good places. Start on bear road. Up on top along the road. There is white oaks but there small . I parked took off over the ridge . The farther i went bigger the acorns got. Seen more squirrels. There hickory nuts & white oaks. The place i fount the hickory nut and white oaks are loaded down. Its unreal the cutting on that rigde. I went this morning. I didnt get 50 yds from the truck. I set in one spot killed 4 squirrels less than 10 minutes. There was squirrels barking all around me. I counted 6 or 7 squirrels barking. Then the fog moved in. I couldn't hardly see anything. I backed out headed home. I fount that place last Sunday. I went to the area . Seen a squirrel killed it. Walked about 25 yds set down. Hadnt been there 5 minutes. I heard something looked a bear walked out. It was less than 15 yds. I watched him he was eating acorns. He finally seen me move ran over the hill. He stayed out there 45 minutes blowing and grunting . He finally stop after that. Most of the time i carry mossberg 500 410. But i got a new tristar G2 viper 28ga. Bought it just for squirrel hunting. I have been hunting this season 3 days a week. Even the walnut crops is good in places. View attachment 328993 View attachment 328994
Thank You Varmit-Master the info is much appreciated.

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
Hickory nuts are falling good. Squirrels was moving good Saturday morning. I ended up killing 7 setting in one spot. Went back in the wind Sunday killed 3. Look u can see the hickory nut cutting in the picture. Just get in the woods u will find them. Get off the main road . I am hunting Ozark National Forest. U walk and look u will find both hickory nuts and white oaks alot of them. . Even the walnut tress are loaded too. Not going to find them along the road. I did find one flat within 50 yds of the road that has them. I have seen hogs deer squirrels turkey and a black bear on that flat. It is mostly a hickory nut flat with oaks mixed in. That 28ga is one of the best shotgun's i ever bought.
Plant Wood Road surface Twig Grass

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hickory nuts are falling good. Squirrels was moving good Saturday morning. I ended up killing 7 setting in one spot. Went back in the wind Sunday killed 3. Look u can see the hickory nut cutting in the picture. Just get in the woods u will find them. Get off the main road . I am hunting Ozark National Forest. U walk and look u will find both hickory nuts and white oaks alot of them. . Even the walnut tress are loaded too. Not going to find them along the road. I did find one flat within 50 yds of the road that has them. I have seen hogs deer squirrels turkey and a black bear on that flat. It is mostly a hickory nut flat with oaks mixed in. That 28ga is one of the best shotgun's i ever bought. View attachment 330871
Yes sir bought my oldest daughter tristar 20ga a absolute hammer on turkey its a smooth operator. 👍

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Just drive off any logging road into the forest and park < walk and gaise they are every where , walk a bike trail they all loop around back to the road < you can spend half a day just walking one and killing squirrels

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Just shoot them , I do every time I see one, what are they going to do ? nothing really except maybe thank you , I don't purposefully go after hogs but if one crosses my path I try and take it out , I knoe Joel isn't up there patroling any more but every officer I've talked with didn't care as long as I wasn't purposefully going after them
Yes they are 99% gray squirrels . I see a bunch of hogs everytime i go. Getting a new cva muzzle loader to try to take a few out.

·
Registered
Bow, crossbow, rifle, muzzleloader and shotgun.
165 Posts
Thank GOD ol Jughead Joel is gone but I've heard rumors that the new barney is just as bad. I have not had a run-in with him yet though.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.