Anyone have a magnum mallard decoy they would sell me?

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by factory909, Dec 11, 2012.

1. factory909

factory909 Well-Known Member

Working on a toy and need the size of a magnum decoy, I'm in Batesville, can pay for shipping, or meet up if its close enough.

2. Grinnel Slough

Grinnel Slough Well-Known Member

Beebe
    Call up Higdon. They will most likely find you something. They bent over backwards to help me out.

3. madduck87

madduck87 Well-Known Member

dont have to be a magnum JR, lil spray foam insulation will help

4. nturchi

nturchi Well-Known Member

U attaching a boat under that decoy? Only works on minnow ponds and field hunting applications unless you buy a real nice rc boat or hover craft.

5. webbtoes

webbtoes Well-Known Member

Got some blow up mags(Carry lites, I think) if ya want them. If not use triple foam:up:

6. madduck87

bildge pump to keel, battery inside of decoy, homeade swimmer/ripple maker

7. webbtoes

Chucked two of those away today. If ya want them they at the shop.

8. factory909

9. nturchi

you may laugh but I bought an inexpensive rc boat for like 15 bucks cut out decoy and it worked pretty good except shooting and having to use the remote at the same time is a B

10. webbtoes

When I made mine, I used a standard mallard dec and a 6 volt(big square one with the coil springy things on top). Did alright and kept water from freezing.

11. webbtoes

Back in early 1990 we got a warned harshly for using RC (motorized decoys) by a GW. We put dec shells on them and would race them when shooting got slow. Then a few years later robos came out and all was good:head:

12. nturchi

first robo I hunted under was a remote control car we modified since you had to be "special" or lucky to buy one, the first year they came out, it was loud but the ducks didn't care one bit

13. factory909

What I would like to build is a motorized jerk cord. Use a oscillating motor, like a fan, use a gear small enough that 720-1080 degrees of motion or whatever they are would pull the jerk spread 10-15 feet, and then when it reverses the shock cord would pull the decoys back....always thinking.

14. webbtoes

Lost me there. But I bet if you do it right you could sync it to your phone:biggrin:

15. madduck87

Macks sells a mini 6 and 12v battery might look at it, mount the pump far back on the keel then the battery to the front, they will offset each other, in a regular size decoy use spray foam around the battery

16. dwight

dwight Well-Known Member

cut the top out of a magnum and put a weasel ball from cracker barrel inside it and it will flop and buck all over the place