anyone going to the classic?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by reddrops, Jan 7, 2011.

1. reddrops

reddrops Well-Known Member

Was wanting to get one scored and was thinking about heading that way, just wanted to know if anyone else had went and if it was worth the effort?

2. live2hunt

live2hunt Well-Known Member

Will they score any deer? I would like to get my Ks buck scored. Does it cost anything?

3. me and the wife go to the big buck classsic every year. You can get some good deals up there. I love it and I WILL be going this year.

4. Hobbshunter

Hobbshunter Well-Known Member

NWA
    I've gone most years. It's great to see all of the bucks, and I like talking to the vendors and outfitters. It's not perfect, but it's worth the trip to me.

Has anyone had a deer scored there? Would I have to enter the deer in the contest? Could I just have it scored and take it with me when I leave? I dont want to go through a big hassle down there to get one scored when I can have it done here at home.

5. curt

curt Well-Known Member

I had one scored last year but it was from the previous year and I was able to take it and not wait for the award thing which was Sunday afternoon. I think they will score any buck from anywhere and you don't have to enter it into any of the catergories.

6. live2hunt

live2hunt Well-Known Member

Cool..Thanks!

7. Juice

Juice Well-Known Member

It may take a little while to get one scored though. Unless they have seperate judges for the contest. Not sure how many guys they have working.

8. Hobbshunter

Hobbshunter Well-Known Member

NWA
    That's what I'm thinking. I got on the P&Y site at one time and there's a scorer near my house. I dont see much sense in going to the show if I'm gonna wait in line all day.