Anyone going out of state this year?

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by bumpus, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Tennessee for sure. I've got a sweet deal over there where a farmer lets me have the whole farm to myself for the first 3 days of the season. I camp out on the farm and it doesn't cost me a thing (except for license).

Missouri. Got family in south central MO where I can walk out their back door and hunt their land. Also about a 20-30 min drive to the NF.

bumpus and Stigall like this.
  2. Hobbshunter

Hobbshunter Well-Known Member

NWA
    Awesome!!!

3. bowpackerrob

bowpackerrob Well-Known Member

Nebraska in March. Arkansas and Kansas in April, then maybe Colorado

4. hunt4meat

hunt4meat Member<br>You Can't Change This Side

AR, AL, MS, MO, TX, GA, FL, SD, OK, NM, CO, WY, WA, NY, IL, and maybe ND, if I can swing it.

I love my job

5. 7 point

7 point Well-Known Member

I see no reason to go out of state, when I go 50 minutes down the road and not kill turkeys.

arkrem870 and Onetrakd like this.
  6. silentassassin

silentassassin Well-Known Member

That's awesome, I hope you have a blast! I don't think I would enjoy that much packed into a relatively short time period. Even back when I considered myself to be mad at them 5-6 states was usually about all I wanted. Occasionally I'd start wishing for one last trip but after 16 states I'd just be burnt out.

7. JR1

JR1 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Missouri for me. Doubt I get to do much else this year.

Will go back out west next year.

8. bareacres

bareacres Member

Where in Missouri do you hunt?

9. bumpus

bumpus Well-Known Member

I usually don't go to MO much even though I'm 20 miles from the state line. We try and go on an early hunt. NE, TN most of the time.

bareacres likes this.
  10. bareacres

bareacres Member

If you do make it. Try central North of I-70. The deer are massive. My last doe was 300# no lie. Simular to Nebraska. And a lot of deer as well. Marshal Mo. And North say 50 to 75 miles.

bowpackerrob likes this.