Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering who all will be on the water tomorrow? Looks like nice weather!! Sunny and Mid 60s. Gotta love it! My wife and I are taking our little nephew to a friends pond. That thing is usually loaded with crappie, catfish, and a ton of bass! I'll try to get some pictures and post them. So who else will be on the water?

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
Bringing my boy to the pond at my office tomorrow when it heats up to do a little bass fishing. Trick worms and Pig & Jig will be ole big headed bass's diet tomorrow.:thumb:

·
Registered
7,403 Posts
Going to set out some yo-yo's this afternoon. Had some buddies set some out yesterday & tore the Crappie up last night & some good-en's at that! They had 54 that they caught last night & the combined weight of all them was allmost 70 pounds! Throw in the catfish & the bass they had also & they had a pile of fish for the fryer!

Man a good mess of Crappie's fried up with some tater's and the rest of the trimmin's sounds real good! I need to do something to try to get them ducks off my mind!:smack:

·
Super Moderator
9,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Going to set out some yo-yo's this afternoon. Had some buddies set some out yesterday & tore the Crappie up last night & some good-en's at that! They had 54 that they caught last night & the combined weight of all them was allmost 70 pounds! Throw in the catfish & the bass they had also & they had a pile of fish for the fryer!

Man a good mess of Crappie's fried up with some tater's and the rest of the trimmin's sounds real good! I need to do something to try to get them ducks off my mind!:smack:
Boy that does sound good! Sounds like you might need a friend to help you eat that big catch you're going to bring in tomorrow! :thumb:

·
Select Member<br>2010-11 Deer Hunting Contest Winn
3,599 Posts
Mmmmm.... a dinner of fresh crappie fillets.... not many things in this world to eat much better!

·
Select Member<br>2010-11 Deer Hunting Contest Winn
3,599 Posts
Hey Jerry - you tell that boy that John and Michael from Carlisle said howdy and good luck on them bass!!

You got any lines out? I figure I will want a little catfish in the near future...

Bringing my boy to the pond at my office tomorrow when it heats up to do a little bass fishing. Trick worms and Pig & Jig will be ole big headed bass's diet tomorrow.:thumb:

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
I had it in mind but my daughter has the finals of a round-ball tourney tomorrow... guess I'm out!!

I sure would like to rip the lips off some slabs though!

·
Registered
9,859 Posts
I wouldn't mind fishing but I figure tomorrow I'm gonna try and make a round in the woods in the morning and maybe play a little golf around noon. Tomorrow afternoon has already been reserved for squirrel hunting.

·
Registered
9,859 Posts
For me, a round of golf IS a round in the woods. That is where all of my drives end up anyways:censored:
I managed to avoid the woods during 9 holes of golf this morning. It did take me a lot of swings and I did nail one big pine tree but it wasn't all that bad for my first round of the year.

We also managed 12 squirrels this evening. It was pretty slow till around 5 though.

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
Hey Jerry - you tell that boy that John and Michael from Carlisle said howdy and good luck on them bass!!

You got any lines out? I figure I will want a little catfish in the near future...
We ended fishing for a couple hours and my boy caught 3 or 4 bass and I caught 5 or 6 and 1 grinnell that was about 5 or 6 lbs. Thought I had a 10 pounder till he jumped. :eek:

I have a couple lines out, but ran up on a new sandbar that washed in when the water was high and my boat is @ Art's Marine right now getting the lower unit replaced and shaft reworked. Hopefully will be out by the weekend. I promise I haven't forgot about ya'll. I fished for 4 nights before I tore up my motor and did real good.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts