Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Member-2018 Spring Team Turkey Contest Winner
6,928 Posts
I googled it, and the only thing that come up was a link to your post here and 1 on duck hunting chat, along with some british golden retriever sites

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
I've never heard of them and I've been in the lab stuff For many years . I think there's a fella out on 33 north of Augusta that calls his place that .

·
6,928 Posts
He had a ad on craigslist I seen the other day, he had 1 dog in the pic along with him self and some awards. Idk if he's just starting out or what. I'd go watch his dogs in ALL phases of their training from head start to finished/master level. Be sure to tell him how you hunt (dog stands in the timber, boats n boat blinds, layout blinds, skid blinds,).
Look at how he treats the dogs when they screw up, or do good

·
Registered
43 Posts
I've used Moro Bay retrievers on my last two labs. They mostly train chocolates which my last dog is. Scott Barnett does a great job.

"RNT=The Good Life"

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've talked to the guy a few times and he keeps putting me off on coming to see the training grounds and dogs he already has so that right there throws up a flag and you would figure someone would have heard of the guy and so far haven't found anyone

·
Registered
372 Posts
Never used them or heard of them. I use Doug ware at full choke kennels
I have nothing constructive to add to this but that seems like a horrible name for a kennel. I get the hunting reference, but the first thing that I thought of was MMA training for dogs or the over-use of a choke collar. Haha

·
6,928 Posts
I thinks it shot gun bore, he's run our test before when I marshaled talked to him for a while he's a nice guy from what I remember.

But if the guy keeps putting you about watching the dogs and checking out the grounds, I'd stay away but that's me

·
Registered
346 Posts
I have used and currently still use Matt Guenther at "Good Dog Kennels" in Bigelow. They are extremely knowledgeable and willing to take the time to teach you as well. I feel one thing that sets them apparent from the rest is the kennels and training facilities that they have onsite. JMO

·
6,928 Posts
Well that AI t saying to much auto lol. J/k

Scotts a pretty good guy, haven't seen him in years though

·
Registered
2 Posts
Depending on where you are located, Logan Thomas with Breeze Hill Retrievers does a great job. He is located up around gastons white river resort. He does great work and he is a good dude.

·
Registered
11 Posts
450-750.oo on average some are 800.oo and up
Hello fellas, I'm Ronnie from white river retrievers. Just to answer a few questions. I have been training sense 1990 here in NWA. I have the old war eagle retriever kennel. I have no problem with anyone coming out to meet me or watch me work dogs at any time!! I want to apologize to the gentleman that got put off. I must of had something goin on at that time. The only time I ask people not to come to the kennel is when I'm doin water work because my concept ponds are about 10 miles from the kennel and I can't load up all dogs and put away equipment to run back to the kennel to meet someone. Other than that anyone is welcome at anytime. I have clients out almost everyday. You can come see me work puppies, work dogs in the yard, or work out advanced dogs as well. I have 100s of references for anyone who wants them. There are other trainers around as well that do very good work. Reese Hudson in central Ar, Derek Randell in Ok, Scott Bollman in NWA, Mr McCann in Ok.. I am in the process of getting my website up but you can look us up on Facebook or if anyone needs to say anything or has any questions they can call me personally at 479-871-1830. Thanks and everyone have a great day!!!

·
Registered
660 Posts
I don't understand why the price would be different per month for certain dogs.. I feel like they should all get the same att.

"Life is too short to hunt with an ugly dog"

1 - 20 of 38 Posts