Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
I have a box stand behind my house that has open windows. So far I have removed a bat, several wasps, a buzzard, and a snake. REALLY hoping not to add any more animals to that list but I haven't checked it yet this year.

·
Super Moderator
14,177 Posts
Whew! Went and checked the last stand today…well…the feeder first. It’s an 18” pipe with a trough on the bottom and a lid on top. Not my first rodeo on this one. Eased up to it, flipped the top off and started running. Yep—-them big ole bright red/orange flying devils-a bunch. There was a pie-plate sized nest on the underside of the lid. The wasps were attacking my truck while I patiently waited inside. I finally got out and carefully took care of other things. Watched a couple of the wasps continually dive bombing the backup lights on the truck. No stings and only one attempt on me. I’ll be back later with a dose of something for them if they stay around. Went up into the stand, eased the door open, peeked inside-no nests and only a couple live ones that were trapped inside looking for a way out. Normally there are hundreds of dead ones on the floor from the summer, but not a lot today. I was fortunate to escape a horrible assault today.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I use home defense and more in my stands. I don't mind wasp as I will get them... I do not want vultures. We had two stands with them and glad neither were mine. Had one with ants all in it and they were fire ants. Tore me up!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts