Arkansas Hunting banner

Anyone catching anything?

40K views 462 replies 59 participants last post by  pirogue 
#1 ·
I was sick over the weekend. Only thing i did was dip my coyote traps in fmj. Anyone catching anything?

#5 ·
I set some traps yesterday. A friend has a family of otters cleaning out his fish ponds. Never had the chance to catch an otter. I set Victor #3 coils in the water where they are going over the dam and found a place where they leave and enter in 4 places to poop. lots of big droppings that are mostly fish scales.

#12 ·
I like catching otters. There easy to catch. If you snare i would hang a few in the area where there coming out of the water. If i am setting a crossover. The places there coming in and out of the water. It will get a drowning rod set or conibear . And i will hang a snare or 2 if there is room. I am planning on settling this weekend. I have 2 different places to set.

#16 ·
I finally got to put some bobcat and coyote sets out on the new 5000 acre hunting club. It looks catty. Big rocks and thickets some open fields. Seen some bobcat and coyote sign. Hung a few snares and set a few dp. My plan tomorrow put in a bunch more sets. I have 2 other places to set up. The club is less than 5 minutes from work.

#18 · (Edited)
I got 33 sets out on one big long road
Few snares and dp. Mostly bobcat and coyote sets. Fount a beaver feed pile. Wasn't a slide anywhere close. Took my trapper's hammer. Made a fake slide added a snare and added a fake castor mount. I fount a sand bar. Coyotes and bobcats has a trail on the sand bar. Like a cow makes. Took 2 Duke # 3 4 coil offset on drags. Beded in that trail on each end as blind sets. Took a while to set one road. There is 4 more roads. And across the highway is part of the club. Like trapping behind locked gates. I set places i wouldn't set on public land. Coon track everywhere also. Alot of beaver sign. As soon as a get time . Going to start running 160's in square buckets. Baited with cut fish or ground beaver. I have caught a bunch of bobcats in them. Told my wife i an in bad need of a dz of belisle 160 . And a dz of duke 160. Had trouble today. Took my pistol out to shoot a armadillo. Couldn't get on it. When too put my pistol in hoster. It wouldn't fix back in. My round ejector rod and spring and screw . Fell off my pistol. I fount everything but the little screw. This pistol as seen its miles. Dispatched a ton of fur and other stuff. Cant remember how old it is. How many times i dropped it. Because i forgot to fasten the strap. Its a rough rider pistol. Fixing to buy the model with adjustable fiber optic sights. For the money u cant beat them in my book. Have will have too carry my h & r 760 22. Or my henry 22 carbine . Until i can get a screw in.

#27 ·
I had another coyote get out. Had it in a dirt hole in a Bridger # 2 4 coil offset. He had a lite burn circle. Then deer threw another one. Had a oppsum in a trench set. And a big coon in a dp. Fox came back stole the bait again. He keeps this up. I will be adding another trap .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.