Arkansas Hunting banner
201 - 220 of 321 Posts

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
11.8 million views . I watched it the .8 .
I started trapping when I was about 13 . My grandpa taught me about all I know about it . He always said don’t mess with anything you catch until it’s dead .
I caught a polecat once and he was across a ditch about 15 ft . He turned and threw his tail up and I knew what he was gonna do but didn’t think it would cross the ditch so I guess I helped him out . I shot him right under that tail and he squirted yellow liquid across the ditch and on me . It killed him and I thought I was gonna die too . I had to leave all my clothes in the shed where I was stretching hides all winter and maybe had to throw some away . My mom was mad as she could get .
I wish it was videoed to put on tictok .

·
Premium Member
22,049 Posts
11.8 million views . I watched it the .8 .
I started trapping when I was about 13 . My grandpa taught me about all I know about it . He always said don’t mess with anything you catch until it’s dead .
I caught a polecat once and he was across a ditch about 15 ft . He turned and threw his tail up and I knew what he was gonna do but didn’t think it would cross the ditch so I guess I helped him out . I shot him right under that tail and he squirted yellow liquid across the ditch and on me . It killed him and I thought I was gonna die too . I had to leave all my clothes in the shed where I was stretching hides all winter and maybe had to throw some away . My mom was mad as she could get .
I wish it was videoed to put on tictok .
I bet that was a sight to see!

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
I was just about to ask if y’all boys every try to live catch one of them damn cats. I pictured it happening just like that.
I only used a catch pole on cats, I used short chains so they didn’t get much slack to do what that cat did. Cats always had me on edge.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
How do you adjust the trigger wires on a 330? Targeting beaver on their slide .
I’ve always twisted the wires together about 1/2 way down and make a T shape. This makes them much more durable.
The trap is then set with the trigger on the bottom. It leaves a large looking hole but won’t miss.

·
Premium Member
28,714 Posts
What three lures/bait - besides urine - do I need for coyote and cat. Dont want to buy a dozen different things.

·
Registered
776 Posts
What three lures/bait - besides urine - do I need for coyote and cat. Dont want to buy a dozen different things.
The 3 baits I’ve been running are predator potion, widow maker, and Hiawatha valley. Vixen elixir, black gold, violator 7, gusto, hellfire, or yodel dog would be good choices to decide from on lures. Out of those 3 I would probably go with vixen elixir, violator 7, and hellfire.

·
Registered
776 Posts
@Arkansas duck hunter
Man you have got it figured out!!! Where are you located? Open to the idea of someone watching you put some sets out?
Yell county in the Dardanelle/Danville area. And wouldn’t bother me a bit. I don’t claim to be an expert by no means but may be able to show ya a thing or two. Just blessed the good Lord allows me to chase these critters.

201 - 220 of 321 Posts