Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Set a few DPs out earlier this week. Got one coon and 2 grinners. Had something get loose, (probably coon), as cable slipped on tree and allowed the critter to climb up to some limbs.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
What’s y’all’s opinion on using old baits and lure? I’ve had a few sets out with maybe 2 or 3 year old bait and lure. Still smells as rank and rotten as it did when I got it. Seems like it would age like a fine wine, LOL

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
View attachment 347803 View attachment 347804 View attachment 347806 View attachment 347807
Here's a few i been catching. Finally caught 2 in the Duke Pro 550's. One bad picture is thru the tinted window it was raining hard. I caught ton of coons several more otters. Last Saturday i was resetting a new 330. I had caught a otter. I was putting it down in place. I guess i bumped it. Safetys fell off and fired. My right was in the way. It got me across middle of my hand. Had to use my left hand too get it off. Trap was tied off and i was in the water. I got it off Finally. But it broke a bone in my hand. I have shut my hand in a car door few times when i was young. It didnt hurt like a 330 going off on it. I see how they kill so fast. The bone didnt stop me. Mite have slow down a little. Still trapping and skinning them. Almost all the coyotes i have been catching. The mange has started on them. Trying to thin them out. Mange or not they need to be thinned out. Coons are so thick. Not trapping coons hard. And i caught 30 + off one hunting club. Fixing to go set the fish hatchery up. Help with the coons otter and beaver.
Which trap is that, with the quad coils, on that first yote pic?

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
I think I've lost 4 over the past couple of weeks. One pulled straight away on the ground and got out. The other 3 climbed and wrapped around the tree or log and pulled out. Caught this one yesterday in the same trap that one had climbed and pulled out of the night before.

View attachment 347978
I’ve had some climbers and lost a couple also. Started putting a fence staple in the loop to stop that nonsense.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
There were some 1ft tall pine saplings and weeds there. Coyote tracks up and down the road all month. I drove a piece of pvc in the ground in the edge of the cover, and set my trap right off it. Put my bait in the pvc with lure on the outside of it. I caught a raccoon there first and had to move over a couple feet to do a remake.
Thanks for sharing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts