ANYONE been out lately?

Discussion in 'Traditional Archery' started by the Black Spot, Jan 2, 2011.

1. the Black Spot

the Black Spot Well-Known Member

been doing alot of trapping lately(since november 11), want to try to get out soon and try for a deer again.
    anyone else been at it?

2. Have gun will travel

Have gun will travel Well-Known Member

3 of us going next weekend

Me and two trad buddies are planning to hunt Gulf Mt Fri-Sunday. We will be camped behind the managers house if anyone is interested in joining.

3. boomer

boomer Well-Known Member

I will be going Saturday afternoon with a buddy from T/G. After he works on some custom knives. I havent hunted with him in 14-15 years so catching up will be nice, hunting and watching a master knifesmith is a huge bonus.

BOOM

4. GOBBLERSTOPPER

GOBBLERSTOPPER Well-Known Member

Duane, let us know how you and your buddies do? Good luck!!

5. Dan Z.

Dan Z. Active Member

I've been letting them settle back down after all the smokepole onslaught. I plan to start hunting again here shortly after drill this weekend. Usually aren't very many people in the woods in mid-Jan through the end of the season. Historically, I haven't seen too much activity, but it's nice to be out in the relative quiet.

6. Have gun will travel

Have gun will travel Well-Known Member

7. ARflinger

ARflinger Well-Known Member

I'm out every weekend, seein a lot of deer, just havin trouble pinnin them down.

8. ARflinger

ARflinger Well-Known Member

9. the Black Spot

the Black Spot Well-Known Member

i am going to try for next weekend. kinda hard to fit family, trapping and bowhunting in at the same time!

10. Gobble5

Gobble5 Active Member

Tried it this weekend. Mornings were horrible. Saw some movement in the last two hrs each evening. Areas close to the camp were hot. Still a few acorns left there since it was a busy place during the heat of the year and the deer didn't clean them up so quick.