Anyone been on the roads between Walnut Ridge and Paragould today?

Discussion in 'Campfire' started by Gemini2281, Jan 10, 2011.

1. Gemini2281

Gemini2281 Moderator<br>Help Forum<br>

Odd question, I know. But, I have a job interview in Paragould this afternoon and I am wondering if it would be safe to try and make the drive. Anyone been through there this morning? I'm wondering how the roads are.

2. mossyhorn

mossyhorn Well-Known Member

i just went to wolly world here in paragould. The main roads werent bad at all here in town but I dont know about the highway from here to there. The side roads are a different story though. If you drive slow you should be good.

3. fullcredit

fullcredit Super Moderator Staff Member

If I were looking for a job and had an interview, I would find a way to make it to the interview. You could always call and see if there will be someone there, and you might need to leave plenty early.

4. Gemini2281

Thanks Mossy. The only part I am really worried about are the few hills just this side of Paragould. If I can make those I should be fine. The rest of the way is pretty flat.

5. Gemini2281

They are there today but told me to just let them know if I couldn't make it. They know I live out of town and told me not to risk it if the roads weren't safe. I think I am gonna try to make it though.

6. mossyhorn

mossyhorn Well-Known Member

from what I have seen theres alot of traffic on the main roads, figure its the same out there on the outskirts where your talking about. As said above i would just leave early and you'll be good. Stay safe.

7. fullcredit

fullcredit Super Moderator Staff Member

Since they left it up to you, my advice would be to just use your best judgment. If you do go, it would probably say a lot about how serious you are about getting this job. Good luck on the interview....whenever it is:up:

8. snydedawg

snydedawg Well-Known Member

Come on brother... its all good. 412 has cleared off nicely.

9. Gemini2281

Just got back and it was clear sailing the whole way.

Got the job too. :up:

10. Glad to hear that.. Congrats..:up:

11. 7 point

7 point Well-Known Member

:up:Guess that moderator pay isn't all that much huh?:fit:

12. Gemini2281

Especially when the forum you're moderator of isn't even a part of the site anymore. :fit:

13. Gemini2281

Thanks! :biggrin:

I have been out of steady work since June. I have been doing contracting work to fill in the gaps but it is a big relief to know you're gonna have a paycheck every week.

14. Mr. Chitlin

Mr. Chitlin Administrator Staff Member

NE Ark
    That monthly Moderator check will be his "fun money" now. :thumb:

15. ozarkthunder

ozarkthunder Well-Known Member

I drive from Pocahontas to Paragould every day.The AHTD does a good job on all 3,of course i may be biased.:up: