Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i know there are numerous trappers over there already... i have some clients over there myself for the last three years... just trying to get access to more game while im in the area already... i heard lonoke county was planning to hire a county trapper so if thats the case then the number of trappers there arent making a big enough dent...

· Registered
64 Posts
Maybe in the county, I thought you were refering to the city of lonoke(where I live). Several of us who trap the places around the city.(at least 10 miles out in all directions). Couple of us who take our kids(the future of trapping). I dont want them to get discouraged by losing trapping territory.

· Registered
9,676 Posts
Maybe in the county, I thought you were refering to the city of lonoke(where I live). Several of us who trap the places around the city.(at least 10 miles out in all directions). Couple of us who take our kids(the future of trapping). I dont want them to get discouraged by losing trapping territory.
are you saying you and your buddies can cover 100 miles of territory? come on man

· Registered
64 Posts
are you saying you and your buddies can cover 100 miles of territory? come on man
You know as well as I do its not all of 100 miles. We rotate routes every two weeks, ten miles out and back, all we can afford in gas(which is saved out of our fur money, the kids pitch in so they can do it again next year).

I have seen high rollers with money, jacked up look cool trucks, and fourwheelers come in and push out poor trappers and their kids. I dont want to see it again. I am NOT saying any of you are in that catagory, just letting you know where I am coming from.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.