Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Super Member<br>2014-15 Bow Hunting Contest Winner
3,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been trying to get my pup into a few without much luck. He's pushed out a couple in some briar patches and cedar thickets, but my shooting has been sub par. Ain't been too many to find here in Western Arkansas. How's the rest of the state looking?

·
Registered
152 Posts
The big swamp rabbits were all over the floating logs in hurricane the past few weeks. Could have just rode by and picked them up. Most were pretty large and looked like might tare you up if you grabbed one.

·
Super Moderator
8,353 Posts
I also grew up rabbit hunting in Oklahoma. Really love to track them up in the snow and get a good .22 shot, especially in the snow. I would sell the rabbits to the Black Folks for .10 cents each, then take the money to the Oklahoma Tire & Supply store and buy more ammo. If there was not any snow then I would use a single shot .410 shotgun.
Thanks for sharing the photo with us! :up:

·
Banned
3,298 Posts
We are down huntin around point cedar today, only killed 7 so far. Dogs seem to have a hard time smelling them today, until they get them moving. Probly had about the same amount hole up tho.
Had the exact same problems! Been tough conditions nearly every time I've been this year. Scratched these out tho. Automotive exterior Bumper Vehicle Car Snow

Attachments

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.