anybody know of a auto transport service

Discussion in 'Campfire' started by ozarkthunder, Dec 15, 2012.

1. ozarkthunder

ozarkthunder Well-Known Member

Bought a jeep from my buddy in Bossier City LA.Because of a lot of things going on,we cannot seem to get together on it.If anybody has used one that they can recommend,and have an idea on price,let me know.I live near Pocahontas,but could get to Jonesboro,Newport,maybe Searcy,depending on price.

Thanks

2. luckless

luckless Member Forum Sponsor 2011 Turkey Contest Winner

I saw one on Craigslist the other day for $1.50 a mile I believe.

3. ozarkthunder

That was to haul it? I don 't want no stranger drivin my jeep! Thanks for the tip.

4. bmccullough1

bmccullough1 Well-Known Member

$1.50 sounds cheap to me. I checked into having a vehicle moved like that once and it was more like $5 a mile. $1.50 would be a bargain. I don't know anybody but I feel you could find one in the phone book. The way these guys charge is mileage for the whole trip. They are empty going one way nearly every time. It really doesn't matter if you hire a guy that is local to you, or one that is located there and has to travel back home empty. Find someone close by to you that you may know or at least can deal with locally if there is a problem. JMO:whistle:

5. LGustin

LGustin Well-Known Member

6. odocoi

odocoi Well-Known Member

If you had an extra vehicle you could hire a couple friends/drivers to run down and get it. My brother in law hauls hundreds of cars up from Dallas using a hauling service but he uses local drivers for individual cars.

7. luckless

luckless Member Forum Sponsor 2011 Turkey Contest Winner

Yes, that was to haul it. I'll see if I can find the ad.

8. ozarkthunder

Have the rides,having trouble coming up with the friends! My wife suffers from terrible migraines,do not want to take the chance one will set in on her,my parents are too old,my inlaws are working,my son is only eleven,although he says he could drive one (lol) .The problem is my buddy that has the jeep is my only buddy.

9. odocoi

odocoi Well-Known Member

talk to a used car dealer in your area. Most have pretty trustworthy folks that they use for this very purpose. My BIL has an older couple that he uses to run after single car purchases all the time. You never know.

10. ozarkthunder

Thanks fellas.As of now (subject to change) we may have something worked out,he is coming up,taking me back,and i am driving mine back.But i may need some references for assistance in case of trouble along the way.Coming in to Arkansas on 29 to Hope,up 30 to LR,up 67 to Pocahontas.But i am keeping all options open.