Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went hog hunting in Febuary at a place just north of Waldron. Its not a very challanging hunt cause its only on 40 acres, but its not all that easy eather. He has some good hogs in there! I was thinking about going back, cause them things are some good eatin!!!
The prices are:
up to 100 lbs. $150
between 100 and 150lbs $250
over 150lbs $350

If anybody is intrested Ill go get his phone number. I had a bussiness card of his but I cant find it.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was there in Febuary. Talked to him a few weeks ago and the prices were the same. He may have changed them since then. I guess I better call him again. Thanks for the info. If he changed the prices I will be sure to change them on here.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Data from Pork Checkoff Marketline August 25, 2008 Monday

LIVE HOG PRICES CHANGE PRACTICAL TOP
Peoria -1.00 $ 57.00 PRIOR DAY PURCHASED
Zumbrota N/A $ N/A Price per cwt. Carcass
Red Oak -2.00 $ 58.00 Eastern Cornbelt 80.68
St. Joseph -2.00 -2.50 $ 58.00 Western Cornbelt 81.69
Sioux Falls S $ N/A IA/MINN 81.65
Missouri -0.75 $ 58.75 Nat. carcass 81.32
Nat. live 62.28
CARCASS PRICES wt'd avg base price AVERAGE
Eastern Cornbelt -1.05 $ 80.14
Western Cornbelt -1.38 $ 79.69
National -1.12 $ 80.04
IA/MINN -1.94 $ 79.59

These are corn fed 200 pounders ready to fry. Prices are per hundredweight.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I agree. You can do better in Texas, or Oklahoma, but, you will spend more on gas than you will the hunt. This place is close to my house. I can be there in 30 minutes. Plus, if I just wanted to pay for something to eat I would stop hunting. Granted this is not the most challangeing hunt, but a hunt all the same.

I did call him and the prices are the same with the exception of one hog. He has a "super boar" in there that he wants $500 for. I cant find tusks like that in Wal-Mart.:fit:

·
Super Moderator
7,070 Posts
I hunted there once and it took me 8 hours to get my hog. I wounded one and walked every inch of that 40 acre place. That ridge in the middle will wear you out. I stalked up on that big boar with my bow and came to full draw at 15 yards. I did not want to spend that much. I decided I would pick up a rock and see if I could hit it in the back of the head. Any one starting to think I have poor judgement yet. I sliped up to about 8 yards and hit it right in the back of the head. I do not think he liked that so much. Now I have a mad boar over 350 lbs 8 yards in front of me ready to charge. He ran strait at me and with luck I dodged to the correct side of the tree and he kept going.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
When I was there the guy that was with me shot one real high in the back. Took us 8 hours to finish that one too. You are right, that ridge will kill ya. I walked up and down it about 300 times. That adrinilin rush you got walking up on that hog, well, thats why I hunt. I can not but adrinilin at Wal-Mart. Granted that is not the most challinging hunt, but damn its fun!

·
Registered
407 Posts
I have dogs and are will to take people on hunts on your own land or lease. You keep the first pig, and i keep the second. Will travel anywhere for $150, and if close it can be cheaper. If there is good sign and we do not kill a pig the hunt is free. I will also remove problem pigs from farmland for $50 a head, Piglet or 300lb boar. Andrew 501-617-3934

·
Registered
648 Posts
While I'm definitely up for going after some hogs, given their nuisance status it seems absurd in the extreme to pay someone for the "privilege" of shooting one. If anything, bedeviled ranchers and landowners should be paying us for our services! Really!

That being said, if anyone wants an enthusiastic hog hunting partner, drop me a line. I'd love to do it!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.