Anybody having any luck

Discussion in 'Small Game and Bird Hunting' started by teamroper27, Feb 1, 2008.

1. teamroper27

teamroper27 Well-Known Member

Is anybody having any luck finding rabbits this year.

2. HAMMETT

HAMMETT Well-Known Member

seems to be lots of rabbits around NEA this year, shame someone stole my dogs...

3. odocoi

odocoi Well-Known Member

having some fun hunts around white co.

4. F B

F B Administrator Staff Member

Cabot
    We havent gotten into any hot and heavy but we've been finding a few pretty much everytime we've gone out.

So far we've killed 47.

It sure aint like it used to be.

5. jmbknvc

jmbknvc Well-Known Member

The group I hunt with had a great hunt Saturday morning, in the double digits. One thing that made the hunt so great was that my son came along for his second rabbit hunt. We had good races almost all morning with hardly any stopping in the action.

However, the rabbits are not as thick as they were in the previous years.

6. teamroper27

Glad ya are having better luck than we are

7. Z-man

Z-man Guest

+1

8. F B

Cabot
    We got 2 Tuesday and 5 more yesterday so we're up to 54.

That wasnt too bad considering we didnt even get to the woods till noon yesterday.

We ran 3 or 4 more that we didnt get shots at. A couple of em were swamp rabbits that we jumped next to a bar ditch and they didnt waste much time crossing it.

9. teamroper27

Where were you hunting at

10. jmbknvc

jmbknvc Well-Known Member

Had another great hunt this past Saturday.
    Our group ended the morning hunt with 12 cottontails and should have added about 6 - 8 more rabbits to that total. Everyone missed some shoots, but my shooting that day was not even close to par.

I have not been able to go with my group Rabbit Hunting as much this year as the last couple of years. However, the 3 Hunts that have been on have been good ones. The 3 Hunt total for the group is 27 (7 Swampers and 20 Cottontails).

11. jrw

jrw Well-Known Member

quitman
    it is not much of a season here neither.

12. F B

Cabot
    We hunted near Bald Knob that day.

Im training some young dogs and trying to get them as much experience as I can so I go quite a bit and never fire a shot.

Most of the rabbits that are killed when I go are shot by people that I take with me.