Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
684 Posts
I pulled my elbow skinning a rain drenched elk a few years ago...got to where it hurt to pick up a cup of coffee. Tried several things but eventually had to have cortizone shots in the joint to shrink the inflamation. Not fun, but it worked. Hope yours will heal up on its own. Good Luck! :frown:

· Premium Member
12,224 Posts
Had it for years and years - I use a tennis "belt" just below the elbow to take the pain away when doing any heavy work with that arm - bowling, hammering, etc! Works for me. Also get some Horse linament (Bigel oil) and a feed store and rub on the elbow - wait about 3 - 5 minutes after application before putting any long sleeve (tight) on it!

· Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
56,584 Posts
Had it for years and years - I use a tennis "belt" just below the elbow to take the pain away when doing any heavy work with that arm - bowling, hammering, etc! Works for me. Also get some Horse linament (Bigel oil) and a feed store and rub on the elbow - wait about 3 - 5 minutes after application before putting any long sleeve (tight) on it!
I didn't know I had it till a wasp kept flyin in my face last year and I took a killin swipe at it and nearly threw up from the pain. Now I get them little blue stockins at walmart made special for elbows....put on the horse linament and put on the sock....if you can stand them ice bags and have the time to rest...then the ice pack is the ticket. But it's an over-use injury and you need several weeks to heal....most people wont wait that long...especially if its your bow arm! Just try not to bump it on anything.:eek::up:

· Member<br>2015-16 Deer Hunting Contest Winner
632 Posts
I have it now and it is a pain!!! I had to switch to a wrist release in order to change the pressure on the elbow. With the wrist release it doesn't bother me. The band thingy below your elbow is a must ... if you don't have one go get it when they unlock the doors. I got mine at Walgreens... it has a hard plastic part that really alleviates the pain. If you Google tennis elbow excercises you will find some things you dan do that will rehab the problem.

· Registered
2,963 Posts
I got it right now. First time I have ever had it. I got it when the tornadoes came through and I helped for 3 day running a chain saw. I am waiting for it to stop but so far is has not. I have had it for a couple months now. I went to grab a jar of pickels out of the ice box the other day and it hurt. If you will use that arm buy getting your hand under something instead of reaching over something it is not as bad.

· Super Moderator
9,917 Posts
ACTIV-ON APPLY DIRECTLY TO THE ELBOW. ACTIV-ON APPLY DIRECTLY TO THE ELBOW. ACTIV-ON APPLY DIRECTLY TO THE ELBOW.

:fit:

· Registered
2,668 Posts
Same here. The "belt" should be worn constantly though, not just when working. You should also take Advil while wearing it. If that doesn't work, shots or surgery are the only thing that will help. :up:

· Registered
2,668 Posts
I've got it right now for the first time. Probably from playing baseball and roping for several years. Cranking the chain saw or weedeater is what causes it to flare up now.
The sooner you start with the belt and Advil, the better your chance of it not progressing to the point of shots and surgery. Go get one today, and wear it.:up:

· Registered
3,451 Posts
I had tennis elbow for a couple of years and it's just now getting better. The only thing that worked for me is to just rest my elbow. Heat and anti-inflammatory drugs help, but I think rest is the only real solution. I found that pulling my arrows from my target was what kept irritating my right elbow. I started pulling my arrows with my left hand and the irritation in the right elbow started clearing up.

· Banned
385 Posts
ACTIV-ON APPLY DIRECTLY TO THE ELBOW. ACTIV-ON APPLY DIRECTLY TO THE ELBOW. ACTIV-ON APPLY DIRECTLY TO THE ELBOW.
:fit:
bwahahahahahahahahahaX1000 :up:

I got it once from fishing.......5 days of casting from dang near daylight to dark. I just took motrin/ibuprofin for the swelling and let it rest and it went away on it's own. May not have been a bad case but it was painful.

· Registered
725 Posts
If it is your draw elbow learn to pull more with you back and shoulder muscles .Then at full draw hold hold with the back and shoulder muscles not you arm it helped a bunch. as for work still have trouble there

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.