Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Super Member<br>Forum Sponsor<br>High On The Hog O
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I am!!! Hard to keep my mind on anything else right now. I can't wait for Saturday, now that the storms have passed through, it is almost TURKEY TIME!!! I got everything gathered up and ready last night already. I'll get to hunt Saturday, then I've got Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday off to seal the deal... Let's go team #5!!!:biggrin:

·
Registered
5,594 Posts
i gotta wait till Monday to go, but no biggie, but i am ready to just go hunting again. Plus it gives the water a few days to go down and the mosquitos and buffalo gnats to get thicker :smack:

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
I kinda have a feeling we will be wasting our time, but atleast we will be in the woods. My brother has been out several times and not heard anything around Lake Ouachita.

·
Registered
23,356 Posts
I'm not sure who's the most ready for it around my place, me or the wife. I've set around for the last week or so squaking on my friction calls. She wants me in the woods and out of the house. :biggrin:

·
Registered
43 Posts
I kinda have a feeling we will be wasting our time, but atleast we will be in the woods. My brother has been out several times and not heard anything around Lake Ouachita.
I have buddies that tell me they aren't hearing any birds at lake Ouachita. I was planning to go but not to sure now. Maybe they will get going with better eather next week.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Oh man! It's amazing how slow the weekdays go in April. I already have one notch on my belt from the OK opener last Sunday. I'm hoping to put three more on there before the end of April.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
I'm ready, but I don't think I can get to our lease. The White river may have me blocked. I'm sure I can get there, but with $3.25 gas I'm not sure I can afford the drive. I would have to go half way across Arkansas and back to get to our lease. I'll probably end up there though. :thumb:

·
Premium Member<br>2009 Turkey Contest Winner<br>20
11,525 Posts
It's on like a fat boy in dodgeball :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Hunting here 4 days then heading west

·
Registered
10,503 Posts
My snake boots have been sitting beside the backdoor waiting on me ever since bow season ended.
Had my vest and fanny pack out doing some packing earlier tonight. Gonna make sure my choke tube is nice and tight and bore snake my shotgun tomorrow night and I should be just about ready to go.

·
Banned
6,919 Posts
Heading for the Mountains (Ozone) this am. Hunt there till Tuesday, then off to Kansas! Im excited about Kansas! If there were more Turkeys in the Mountains I would be more excited.
I did leave 8 Jakes out there last year. Hopefully a few of them made it and stayed around! If they are they aint leaving any sign.

But Im looking forward to getting out there. Temps in the lower 30's every morning, and windy days ahead it looks like. I figure today will be all about clearing fallen trees out of the roads, and navigating washed out roads. :smack:

But it's always good to "Head fer the hills!":thumb:

·
Registered
13,814 Posts
It's gonna be a slow day watching the clock tick at work today...
Hopefully this weather wont effect the gobbling too much. You just never know when they're gonna decide to sound off. I'll take the cold, but I hope it's not too windy.
I hate it for my brother... I took him on his first turkey hunt last year on opening weekend, and this will be the second weekend I'm taking him. He might be bad luck as far as weather's concerned!

·
Super Member<br>2010 Bowhunting Contest Winner
4,212 Posts
I AM SUPER PUMPED! One more day at school! Gunna seem like forever! Went listening this mornin....didn't hear a bird! But was just behind tha house! Not where im headed! Got 7 birds pinned pretty good! Have a good idea where they are gonna be headed in the mornin! Just hope this wind dies down.....and the low temps are gunna suck, but we did have birds gobblin when the temps were in the low 30's last year so....Cross your fingers boys!

·
Super Moderator
9,435 Posts
boy I'm ready! I came in at 7 this morning and working through lunch so I can leave at 3 and head for the mountains. Going to go try and put one to sleep tonight. My dad has been over were I'm going since Monday but I haven't got to talk to him much because there is no cell serv where he is at. Hope he hears something this morning! :thumb:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts