Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The closest WMA to me is bayou me to. Not even sure if it has a Turkey season. If so im gonna try spring season there.

Are there any turkeys there. I heard before that the population isnt very good in the state anymore.

·
Premium Member<br>Merganser Slayer<br>2011 Turkey
13,110 Posts
No water no ducks.

Sorry....instant reaction to any BM thread. :razz:

I'm sure there has to be some. Isn't it like 36,000 acres or something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
737 Posts
The closest WMA to me is bayou me to. Not even sure if it has a Turkey season. If so im gonna try spring season there.

Are there any turkeys there. I heard before that the population isnt very good in the state anymore.
The mosquito to turkey ratio is probably close to 1billion:1

·
Registered
9,349 Posts

From redfield it isn't much further to drive to the ouachita NF where you might actually see a turkey.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ouachita is about 2 hours from me. I think bayou me to us about an hour or so. I'll have to check out Google.

Are the mosquitos that bad there?

·
Registered
9,349 Posts
Ouachita is about 2 hours from me. I think bayou me to us about an hour or so. I'll have to check out Google.

Are the mosquitos that bad there?
Mosquitos (the big delta ones) are part of the deal there in warm weather. Snakes too.

Another problem over there is gonna be all the sloughs, creeks, bayous, etc. if you find a turkey it's gonna likely be tough hunting.

·
Super Member<br>2014-2015 Deer Hunting Contest Wi
1,715 Posts
No one believes me when I tell this, so I probably shouldn't..... I was duck hunting in BM one time, and right at shooting time I shot a wood duck.. Well he did what wood ducks do when you don't hit them good and sailed down way through the woods.. On my way to find it I saw one pitch down out of a tree onto a blow down and as I got closer he took off... Only one I've ever seen there.

·
Super Moderator
9,412 Posts
I hunted it last year and didn't hear a peep. I do know some guys that have killed birds there in the past few years. You just gotta find them.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I tried to deer hunt BM a couple days in Nov. Only thing I saw was the tore up ground from rooting hogs and 1 gazillion mosquitos.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Mosquitos and gnats are unbelievable in the spring. Not to mention all the dand cotton mouths. I love bayou meto, But I ain't goin in the spring. The longer drive will be well worth it, IMO.

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
A first cousin's friend of a friend had a full grown chihuahua carried off by a large mosquito from one of the camping areas. Never to be seen again. True story.

·
Super Member<br>2015 Spring Turkey Team Contest Wi
Arrow
2,434 Posts
Mosquitos in bayou m are so big that ive killed a few that had ticks on em!.

·
Super Member<br>2013-14 Bow Hunting Contest Winner
1,266 Posts
Seen one hen run across the road once in Bayou Meto. That was it in all the time I put in down there.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts