Arkansas Hunting banner
61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Update- after 2 days with the ammonia/ baking soda mix it’s much better. Still has a faint hint of shrimp. I drained it and added some more- gonna give it 2 more days

·
Registered
34,137 Posts
Update- after 2 days with the ammonia/ baking soda mix it’s much better. Still has a faint hint of shrimp. I drained it and added some more- gonna give it 2 more days
Ok I just talked to a guy at the hvac supply house about getting the smell of dead bodies out of houses and cars and what not.
He said the coroner told him they use coffee.
He said coffee is the only thing that will get the smell out. Just open a can and set it in the cooler. Should absorb the smell in a day or two.

·
Premium Member
3,534 Posts
I would say coffee:coffee:---And I'm unanimous in this----- ☕ --and instant coffee would work fast----

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
After the 4 days total of ammonia/ baking soda last week it’s 90% better. Still a little shrimpy, but usable. Today I put a few cotton balls with vanilla in there. Not sure if the cooler will end up smelling like vanilla or the cotton balls will end up smelling like shrimp, but it’s worth a shot.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Maybe some vanilla or onion flavored coffee would work…
Yep, I was thinking the same thing French Vanilla coffee should do it, lol

When I lived down in Three Rivers and fished Choke Canyon and would forget and leave mullet in the cooler. I would use name brand bleach and mix with water and leave shut in the sun for about a week. Then wash out and spray with clorox spray and lay it in the sun open for a day. This has always worked for me. But I've never left it for a month I normally found it in a week or so. Still had some bad stink.

·
Registered
27,548 Posts
Four pages. And he still ain't took my great advice!

Get some cotton balls and soak in vanilla and rub it down inside and leave a few in there. It'll be fine in a few hours, not days. And by the way, research has shown that hot wimmin folk are subliminally turned on by the smell of vanilla. Just a possible side benefit!!! :D

·
Premium Member
20,081 Posts
Four pages. And he still ain't took my great advice!

Get some cotton balls and soak in vanilla and rub it down inside and leave a few in there. It'll be fine in a few hours, not days. And by the way, research has shown that hot wimmin folk are subliminally turned on by the smell of vanilla. Just a possible side benefit!!! :D
I’m pretty sure he said he did. He hasn’t got back with us on how it worked.

·
Registered
34,137 Posts
Did you try the coffee?
I talked to another guy whos cousin died in his camper and they used coffee to get the smell out.

61 - 79 of 79 Posts