Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a student at the U of A and I don't have classes til 11. So, I am looking for some public land to just enjoy the outdoors and might get lucky? I will only be hunting with a bow. If anyone has any ideas or know of anywhere please let me know ...... Thanks

·
Registered
14,382 Posts
If you bowhunting, your no-doubt best bet is Wedington. Go out Wedington Rd (Hwy 16) about 15 min W from campus, and you cant miss it. You can download a map of it on agfc.com.

When I was attending the UofA, I lived out by there, but back then it was just one big four-wheeler trail/dump. Deer were very hard to come by. It was closed to all deer hunting for several years, and it recently started a permit-only gun hunt. They're killing some monster bucks out there. There was a booner killed out there last year.

·
Registered
Marlin .308 Bolt and Compound Bow ..
6,006 Posts
If you bowhunting, your no-doubt best bet is Wedington. Go out Wedington Rd (Hwy 16) about 15 min W from campus, and you cant miss it. You can download a map of it on agfc.com.

When I was attending the UofA, I lived out by there, but back then it was just one big four-wheeler trail/dump. Deer were very hard to come by. It was closed to all deer hunting for several years, and it recently started a permit-only gun hunt. They're killing some monster bucks out there. There was a booner killed out there last year.
Ditto on Wedington ..:thumb:

Also close by is West fork.. up just outside the Devils Den State Park :thumb: lotsa Deer up there

Then there is alway White Rock :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
You are sitting in the middle of some great public land. Do a little research on the AGFC's website and the Ozark National Forest Website.

I lived in ft smith many years ago, and like an idiot, I burned up I40 going back to the delta to hunt just about every weekend. When I could have stayed at home, saved my gas, and hunted some places that now I will probably never get to hunt. What a dumb a$$, I was.

Get your bow, your sleeping bag, a pup tent, compass and go at it. You are only young once.

One other word of advice: just take your radio and listen to the hogs. I wouldn't miss a hunt to watch them play this year. they ain't worth going to watch in person this year. :biggrin:

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
delta is great

I will take your advice, but I can't help the delta... Our club back home is on a Monster program that I never meet the require meets so I'm out of 200 or 300 dollars. All these hills will kill me even tho I am young....:thumb:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.