Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im thinking about buying one just wondering if anyone loves em or hates em? And which one should I buy?

·
Registered
393 Posts
I fabricated a mount for my phone! It's much cheaper. But if your daddy war bucks the go pros are pretty good.

·
Registered
724 Posts
After reading the reviews on GoPro and SpyPoint X-Cel Hunt Action Camera, I just ordered the SpyPoint on Ebay. Won't be able to give my own review until after turkey season.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ive read reviews and people like there gopros. Im just wondering how well they record when you are 20' in a tree and a deer walks out at 30 yards can the gopro film that far away and be clear enough to see?

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Ive read reviews and people like there gopros. Im just wondering how well they record when you are 20' in a tree and a deer walks out at 30 yards can the gopro film that far away and be clear enough to see?
I have a GoPro Hero from about 4 years ago and I cant get any good clear footage videoing, but the Pictures are in HD.. they have really improved in quality, so I would go with the 3 that is out now

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have a GoPro 3+ Black, along with many other cameras and it records outstanding footage, shoots in a ton of resolutions and frame rates all the way from 4K,2.7K,1920x1440,1920x1080,1080p superview,960p,720p,wvga in various frame rates 12 fps to 240 fps all shoot in progressive, this camera is much better than earlier versons in fact they are so good that several people are modifying them to take c mount cinema lens and they rent as a compact production camera for $270 a day. Camcorder Mag Camcorder of the year and Camcorder Info.com Camcorder of the year. I use mine as point of view and a Cannon G20 or Panasonic GH3 with farious lens but most often a Cannon 50mm F 1.2(great peace of glass) and the footage from the gopro holds very well. The GoPro has very good low lite performance, has a great water prof housing so when its raining its my main camera,only draw back no zoom, but it has so many uses other than hunting and at $399 its a steal.

·
Registered
15,649 Posts
That's the only bad reviews I've heard on them, was no zoom!! Ive had the kodak sport for several years now, and really like it!! The variable zoom and cost is what sold me on it!

·
Registered
711 Posts
I'm not a camera guy, but if the resolution is high enough can't you zoom in on what you want to some degree when you edit the footage?

·
Member<br>2011-2012 Bowhunting Contest Team Winner
497 Posts
watching footage of the new Garmin camera and it looks good! but i still like tactacam with its bow mounts.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I use the hero 3 black edition on my bow and film is good. I also like the go pro app for my I phone where I can use my phone to control it instead of the wifi remote. You can also view what you are filming on your phone.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts