Any musicians round the campfire?

Discussion in 'Campfire' started by bogob, May 5, 2020.

1. bogob

bogob Well-Known Member

Slinging stix, I can't read a note of music, it's strictly by ear for me.

Quack addict and Slingin_Stix like this.
  2. Onetrakd

Onetrakd Well-Known Member

Nwa
    Hey @bogob anyway you can take requests on here and record and play them for us?

If so my favorite steel guitar song would be Vern Gosdin’s Set em up Joe.

3. bogob

bogob Well-Known Member

Lol! Vern Gosdin was another of my favorite singers. MR Soul.
    I really don't play much country anymore, mostly Gospel, and I don't have many sound tracks to play with. But I'll try to practice up on a couple of songs and try and post em. Now I ain't played my steel much since I quit playing with the Gospel group a couple yrs ago, so may take a while to get practiced up. Thanks for asking tho.

Onetrakd likes this.
  4. bogob

bogob Well-Known Member

When I turned 10 or so Dad talked mom into playing rhythm and singing harmony and she sang a few covers of patty loveless type songs in a new band they started

Patty loveless, is my favorite female country singer!! Along with Tammy wynett.

5. bogob

bogob Well-Known Member

https://m.soundcloud.com/terrys-steel-guitar/in-the-garden

I'll try this one from about 20 yrs ago. 'IN THE GARDEN' I have a couple of old country tracks that I'm practicing on that I'll post in a few days. Since I know y'all like country.:) Old song ' Girl in the glass' and ' Farewell Party'
    Hope y'all like this old Gospel song.

Last edited: May 21, 2020
    Onetrakd likes this.
  6. Deerinthawoods

Deerinthawoods Well-Known Member

Started playing guitar in junior high. Played on and off until I met my wife in ‘08. Didn’t pick up a guitar again until a moth or so ago when one of my buddies got a wild hair and went out and bought an acoustic. I pulled mine out and put some new strings on it and went to town. Forgot how much I liked it. Got a Takamine acoustic and a Strat run through a Crate Blue Voodoo tube amp. The strat is what they called the Lone Star edition. It has a Seymour Duncan humbucker for the bottom pickup. It’s a really good sounding setup.

7. bogob

bogob Well-Known Member

Deerinthewoods, glad you got started back playing. Sounds like a nice guitar and amp to !

8. bogob

bogob Well-Known Member

'Girl in the glass' classic country.

Sure don't remember grinning like a possume. Lol

Onetrakd likes this.
  9. Deerinthawoods

Deerinthawoods Well-Known Member

IMG_7199.jpg

It’s a beaut...

bogob likes this.
  10. Onetrakd

Onetrakd Well-Known Member

Nwa
    Thanks Bogob enjoyed it. I’ll be patiently waiting to hear that Gene Watson tune.

bogob likes this.
  11. bogob

bogob Well-Known Member

Deerinthewoods, that's a purty fender for sure. Love the color to! Bet it sounds sweet through that tube amp to!

12. bogob

bogob Well-Known Member

Thanks onetrakd, if I can find a set em up Joe track, I'll sure try to play it .