Any luck on the river?

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by green_head_getter, Dec 13, 2010.

1. green_head_getter

green_head_getter Super Member<br>2010 Bowhunting Contest Winner

Gettin cold and everything is freezing up. Anyone been killin em on the river? If so was it backwater or main channel, islands etc. Gonna give it a shot in the a.m.

2. derk8586

derk8586 Well-Known Member

shuc be killer! good luck. havent been to the river yet myself but thats where id be going in the morning if i want working.:banghead:

3. qwack smacker 1on1

qwack smacker 1on1 Well-Known Member

ive hunted river all yr havent seen many birds,,

4. SalineRiver

SalineRiver Well-Known Member

Sounds like somebody don't want a hoiney hole intruded on...:biggrin:

5. park duck

park duck Well-Known Member

i you talking bout the big river it hasn't been good it needs to come up a bunch

6. green_head_getter

green_head_getter Super Member<br>2010 Bowhunting Contest Winner

It wasn't bad today. 2 of us killed 10. Problem is we didn't kill more than one bird out of any group. I have never shot that bad in my life! Granted they were all gadwall except for one mallard and one wood duck but oh well. We had a blast anyhow

7. factory909

factory909 Well-Known Member

too low on the white river here in batesville. we hit a record low this year and the spot i hunt has grass growing in it :(

8. caseyljw

caseyljw New Member

river hunting

me and a buddy went on the AR river yesterday south of Pine bluff. Lots of shooting around. We got 12. Started on a point at the bottom of an island. Went to main channel and got a few hundred birds up and then set on main channel. Hope this helps.